Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Blizzard Beach Construction?

Oct 15, 2013
Orlando, Florida
I had visited Blizzard Beach yesterday and have noticed some construction/clearing of trees near the bridge over the lazy river by Runoff Rapids. Does anybody have any clue on whats going on over there? :ears:

Possibly a new slide!?! Man people think animal kingdom and Epcot haven't received updates in a while, I don't think typhoon lagoon and blizzard beach have ever had anything new since they opened. Not that they need to, still the best water parks I've ever been to

People need to take in consideration that the only time one of the water parks expanded was with crush n gusher in 2005 at Typhoon Lagoon.Im going today and gonna take some pictures. Blizzard And Typhoon will be needing to expand due to recent expansions in other waterparks to get more attendance. I personally think both of them are in need of a new slide or two.

People need to take in consideration that the only time one of the water parks expanded was with crush n gusher in 2005 at Typhoon Lagoon.Im going today and gonna take some pictures. Blizzard And Typhoon will be needing to expand due to recent expansions in other waterparks to get more attendance. I personally think both of them are in need of a new slide or two.

That's pretty nuts. You know it would be insanely smart for Disney to add a new slide or two into these parks. Not only for what you said above with other water parks adding tons but it could really pass off as a attraction in between the construction of avatar. A nice appetizer, maybe something like the aqua duck on the cruises

That's pretty nuts. You know it would be insanely smart for Disney to add a new slide or two into these parks. Not only for what you said above with other water parks adding tons but it could really pass off as a attraction in between the construction of avatar. A nice appetizer, maybe something like the aqua duck on the cruises

Well, the aquaduck is basically the same type of system as crusn n gusher. Though I do agree they need a new big ride that they can pull new and old visitors to the park.

Well, the aquaduck is basically the same type of system as crusn n gusher. Though I do agree they need a new big ride that they can pull new and old visitors to the park.

Ugh I haven't been in the park in so long and I was too young to go on any of the bigger slides. Have to return soon. I say make something kiddy for typhoon lagoon and something giant for blizzard beach

Here are some of the pictures I took.
823543_632353870183977_7103701350322112046_o.jpg

10275479_632353893517308_1587429464705424859_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd....889_632353950183969_1093904376994838480_o.jpg
I go to Blizzard Beach all the time and I never noticed these piles until about 3 weeks ago.

huh, interesting. I'm honestly not sure if BB has received anything since it's opened. Typhoon Lagoon opening Crush 'n Gusher in 2--5 or so, but other than that, the water parks haven't added much.

It is a water pipe main from my understanding. Pretty major issue that is causing water issues. Which is why this was not caught during the down period and it is why multiple slides are down.

It is a water pipe main from my understanding. Pretty major issue that is causing water issues. Which is why this was not caught during the down period and it is why multiple slides are down.
I'm pretty sure that contruction is related to that. Their replacing the pipe. No inside info on it tho.

I'm pretty sure that contruction is related to that. Their replacing the pipe. No inside info on it tho.

My guess is the pipe is pretty well buried in the mountain which might be the issue. But like you I don't have any inside information. I just read somewhere else that Disney stated it was a pipe due to age and it needed replaced.

Summit Plummet & Slush Gusher re opened today. :)

Awesome! They finally fixed the pipe. I imagine they pushed to get this done before the summer rush.

Also hearing the reason made it seem less likely a maintenance issue and more of just something that happened. I know on another post we were talking about how normally Disney parks have good maintenance and then these two slides being down so quickly after a shut down period made people think things had changed.