Blue Sky Villains land | Inside Universal Forums

Blue Sky Villains land

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oct 10, 2021
RVA
At D23 2022 Disney teased a Villains land. If it ever comes to fruition what villains would you like to see get their own rides and what type of rides?

We could go on for forever talking about what we think would be cool, but this area didn't even have loose concept art, and tbh it felt like they only threw it out there to try and get a feel for how much people would still be interested in this idea. It felt to me like the thing that we're most likely to never hear about again.

I'm sure many are excited at the prospect of a land like this, but tbh i'm pretty ambivalent. It's hard to get excited about something that's probably 10 years away at minimum if it actually even happens. Let's just say we go down an unlikely path where all of the blue sky stuff happens. The MK stuff won't happen likely until after DAK and then within the MK stuff, MK seemed like Coco and Encanto were more likely to happen (and even then i'm skeptical of those happening) and they for whatever reason just decided to throw out the Villains part because they knew they could get a big fan reaction.

To answer your question though, i'm not sure it'd be villains getting their own rides as much as it could be like a Disney Villains big E-ticket following a similar format as say the Avengers Multiverse ride where it's just all villains from all periods all the time (possibly battling against each other?). I just think that'd be the only way to make everyone happy, plus it would be a way to basically do a Dark Avengers ride except using Disney Villains instead of Marvel Villains.

Reactions: shiekra38
Many would find it slow...but a cool dark ride would be a trackless ride like B&TB in Tokyo where each room is a different villains lair and they sing most their song and the room comes alive

Also some sort of Mountain ride maybe a coaster/dark ride would be very cool

My concept for this: "Dark Fantasyland" would have three rides, two restaurants, and three shops. I tried to stay away from characters like Gaston, the Evil Queen, Ursula, and Maleficent that are already featured elsewhere.

I also wanted to use a concept that I saw online where the entrance would be an elevated walkway between Village Haus and Tales with Belle (replaceing the restrooms), so it ties back into Fantasyland, with a spur going off towards the Haunted Mansion queue. In order to pull that off, I'm picturing the need for a lot of buildings to cover up the back of show buildings, so it would feature more facades and buildings.

You'd enter an alleyway past Village Haus, next to "Stromboli Swings," a Wave Swinger-style ride themed to Pinocchio's showman. The queue line would have posters for Pleasure Island and other traveling shows. The operator booth would look like the caravan from the animated movie, while different pipe organ/calliope songs would play during the ride, including "There Are No Strings On Me." Riders would look like they're "on strings" in the seats, while the ride itself keeps the Italian stylings of the film and character. Next to that would be a Monstro shop, where you enter through his mouth and would look very similar to the shop at Tokyo DisneySea in Mermaid Lagoon.

Second ride (show building behind Be Our Guest) would be "The Curse of Jafar," a traditional omnimover dark ride that explores the dark magic of the Aladdin character, including his transformation into being trapped as a Genie. Guests would ride in lamps of varying shapes/colors, and Jafar would narrate his journey through on-board 3D audio, which give it a creepy, disembodied voice effect. There would also be an emphasis on optical illusions in this ride, including scenes where the floor looks much deeper than it really is. (Also, if nothing else, this gives an excuse to remove the Magic Carpets in Adventureland and keep this as the sole Aladdin ride in the park).

Dr Facilier would get a "Voodoo Emporium" shop, which would be mostly candy/snacks. The Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland would get her own garden walk-through, although this is more intended as photo ops and not an entire attraction. Cruella's "House of Style" would be the main shop coming up next, featuring her famous car in a wreck outside a building covered in Dalmatian spots. This would sell apparel, and connect to "Club Underworld," a restaurant vaguely themed to Hades from Hercules. This will have a sinister art-deco look, and specializing in mocktails and spicy foods.

The other restraint would be "Prince John's Feast," which would be a new sitdown restaurant themed after the Robin Hood film. I'd also have a few easter eggs as tributes to villains that aren't represented elsewhere, like Frollo from Hunchback, Yzma from Emperor's New Groove, Scar from The Lion King, Lady Tremaine from Cinderella, and The Horned King from Black Caldron.

The big E-Ticket here is "Bald Mountain," a new suspended coaster with on-board audio, multiple launches, and a Chernabog AA. I don't really have much more than that, but making the ride center on Fantasia seems like the last big opportunity for that at the WDW resort, so I'm running with it. This would go over what's currently part of the Rivers of America, which would be shortened a bit. The path would also connect to Haunted Mansion, providing a proper transition there, as well as to the Encanto/Coco area.

I'm unconvinced Disney is truly serious about a darker and potentially scary land

Although, I do have to wonder if they're looking at Monsters Land and saying hmmm

Even still, when was the last truly "creepy" ride at Disney made?

Reactions: Mad Dog
Posting this here for the benefit of people who may not have come across the most insane attraction in Disney history:

I truly wish I'd been able to experience this before it closed. But at the same time, thinking about this again makes me think the chance of something like it being built by today's Disney for the US parks is really miniscule. I don't think they'd have the guts to go for something like this now.

Reactions: shiekra38
One idea for a Villains ride could be to be use some version of what was originally planned for the Avengers E ticket when it was announced back in 2019 and do an attraction where you fly to Bald Mountain and watch/duke it out yourself with the villains. This ride is media heavy and could easily be updated when new villains are introduced if they are popular enough.

They talked about the Beyond Big Thunder again for no reason yesterday. If Encanto does go to DAK, I find it hard to believe that it would go to MK so thus I think the Villains land becomes a leading candidate if one of these projects ends up happening, especially since this was a well received announcement.

Reactions: TheUniC6
They talked about the Beyond Big Thunder again for no reason yesterday. If Encanto does go to DAK, I find it hard to believe that it would go to MK so thus I think the Villains land becomes a leading candidate if one of these projects ends up happening, especially since this was a well received announcement.
That was my though as well. Considering how big the Villains are, I bet this gets cloned to DLR as part of Disneyland Forward as well. While it would be cool to see the Villains end up in DCA and replace something like Hollywoodland, or go in the parking lot cross the street, I think Disney would rather have the IP in DL proper.

That was my though as well. Considering how big the Villains are, I bet this gets cloned to DLR as part of Disneyland Forward as well. While it would be cool to see the Villains end up in DCA and replace something like Hollywoodland, or go in the parking lot cross the street, I think Disney would rather have the IP in DL proper.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I don't even believe it for MK right now. I need to see construction happening first.

Last edited:
Reactions: mccgavin and Nico