Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brightline Station Coming to Orlando

Well I'll be darned about the location. Hopefully it adds some nice kinetic energy to the Springs area.
When you think about it, it makes sense, considering DS has a bus station for all hotels. I’m gonna guess though that Mears will pick people up at the train stop and take them to their hotel ala Magical Express (unless they want to go to Disney Springs, I guess).

When you think about it, it makes sense, considering DS has a bus station for all hotels. I’m gonna guess though that Mears will pick people up at the train stop and take them to their hotel ala Magical Express (unless they want to go to Disney Springs, I guess).
I could see them putting this station next to the cast services building, which would put it just off of I-4 and a (pre-existing) bridge away from the buses. Unless they wanted to integrate the station into Springs, then I'd guess it to be near cirque or in the surface lot right next to orange.

The article says a 417 to I4 alignment but the map does not show that?
Line turns north at I4?
Where does it go from there and maybe this is a dedicated track?
All I have are questions

The article says a 417 to I4 alignment but the map does not show that?
Line turns north at I4?
Where does it go from there and maybe this is a dedicated track?
All I have are questions
I'm not sure what article you're looking at but the alignment is not "417 to I4".
Leaving the airport towards the south, they will turn west along the OUC rail spur, then south along the Sunrail tracks, then west along 417, and then west along 536 (World/Epcot Center Dr.) to reach I4 and the Disney springs area. From Disney towards Tampa, they will just go southwest in the I4 median. The biggest question is the exact location of the Disney station and how the tracks connect to it.
I shared an image showing this route a couple pages back in post #89 of this thread.

This is what I saw in the article and it misses DS by a bunch

map.jpg

This is someone's drawing showing the 417 to I4 route

map1.JPG

And DS is here?

map3.jpg

I can't tell from the map you posted the link to where exactly the station is but that looks like the southern route.

Thought it might be more like this. Shaky as it is. Which is what you posted

shaky.PNG

I could see them putting this station next to the cast services building, which would put it just off of I-4 and a (pre-existing) bridge away from the buses. Unless they wanted to integrate the station into Springs, then I'd guess it to be near cirque or in the surface lot right next to orange.
Cut a hole in the side of the NBA Experience and finish off the rest of highline through the West Side.

I thought this part of Vahle’s quote was interesting:

We’re excited to work with Brightline as they pursue the potential development of a train station at Walt Disney World

In other words, we’re showing up to this party with $0.

This is crazy significant. Brightline's shared corridor proposal with Sunrail includes a Sunrail station at Disney. When this project goes through, Sunrail will connect to Disney at Disney Springs, which is not something I ever thought would happen in the near future.

This guy on youtube has been putting out regular update videos on construction for the entire project, been following along since a lot of things are already happening (at least from West Palm to MCO, and the new track along 528 to US1/Cocoa) Including the tunnel being built in cocoa

I wonder if Universal is planning to beef up some kind of transportation from the airport

Also, another question, can they freely advertise within the Disney Springs train station?

Is it even feasible to get a rail line close to Universal? No doubt there’s some exclusivity in the agreement but I don’t even know if you could get to current UOR if you tried without buying out businesses and hotels to bulldoze.

And for the Convention Center - a good number of those people are expensing their Ubers and taxis so it holds less appeal.