Busch Gardens, is it worth going ? | Inside Universal Forums

Busch Gardens, is it worth going ?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 3, 2015
UK
So in my upcoming 2 week trip to Orlando I have a spare day and was wondering is BG worth a day out of my schedule ? Not been there since 2000 so was just wondering.

do you like roller coasters? It is a little out of the way (2+ hours) from Orlando, but it'd definitely do able as a day trip.

Yes I do like Coasters, I know its a bit of a trek to get up there, then so is Kennedy but was just wondering as I havn't been for so long is it worth an updated look see

Well tbh I wont be driving as I am on holiday and cba to drive as I drive all day in my job :p It will just be a case of seeing my holiday rep and arranging getting up there. I was basically just wondering if it was worth using a day up to go there.

As someone who's been on every roller coaster in Orlando more than enough times than you can shake a stick at, that Falcon's Fury is one of the most exhilarating experiences I've had in a long time with a theme park attraction. I say that and Sheikra are worth the visit alone!

Last edited:
I can't wait to try Falcon's Fury

it's a nice park, and a much less crowded one then the parks in Orlando (at least from my experience). If you like Roller Coasters and don't mind the drive out there I'd say it's worth it. it may take 1.5 hours..it's been awhile since I made the trek. The Cheetah, Montu, and Kumba are all great coasters. Personally not a fan of drop coasters or drops, so neither Sheikra or Falcons Fury do much for me.

BGT is so worth a day at the least and has a pretty impressive mix roller coasters, along with the animals, shows and rides. The drive goes by really quickly so if you have a means of getting over there I wouldn't hesitate. And Falcon's Fury is batS*** crazy but an experience for sure

I will have means, its just talking to the holiday rep (on a UK Package deal) to sort out the trip there and back, will have to look at their website suss it out see if i really want to spend that spare day there. It's not like it is Kennedy where I will move days around so I can go there :p

We ended up doing 2 days at BGT because for us one day isnt enough to see and do everything. But take into consideration we have 3 little ones so we tend to take a few breaks and spend a lot of time in the play areas also. I don't think you will be disappointed if you do end up deciding to go

The shuttle drivers quite often ask to see your park ticket as you leave the coach in Busch gardens before they will issue you with a return ticket for the coach

I have never had that, also, every time I take the shuttle the return ticket is given when you board the bus. I have gone several times already this year and never had to show my ticket.
I do know though, that originally the shuttle was free only for Flexticket holders, otehrs had to pay $10 (or something) but that was changed to free for everyone.
A lot of times they do not even check if you made a reservation, especially in offseason.

I think it depends on the driver, we've had the same driver Luis several times and he issued tickets straight away, but every other driver would ask to see your park tickets as you get off the coach and give you the return ticket and bus number etc then