Busch Gardens Williamsburg Project 2017 | Inside Universal Forums

Busch Gardens Williamsburg Project 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 9, 2015
BGW has released a teaser video for a new attraction for 2017! Not much info, but they do throw in a couple of hints such as talking about a drop. Sounds like it could be a coaster! What do you think?

Glad to see they're actually hyping this project, unlike Tempesto...which just showed up.

They could really use another darkride there. Guess it's not in the budget since coasters are less expensive. They do have some really good coasters though. And the park is actually more beautiful than any of the Orlando theme parks.

Reactions: *Q*
BGW Fans has said that the new coaster is supposed to be a GCI woodie. Busch is making the announcement today and I wanted to make a fun little guess at the name. I thought this would be a cool name, but after finding out it's supposed to be wooden, I just wanted to throw it out there. Timberwolf! Get it? Timber lol.

This is BGW we're talking about it. It'll prolly have a name like Uberwalden.

Nice teaser. A woodie will really round out the park's great selection of coasters.

Is there any more info? Maybe a press release? The wording the video above gives the impression that it's a racing/dueling wooden coaster, but doesn't explictly say so.

Edit: Looked around and see zero evidence to suggest it will be, but using the wording "Attack with the Vikings or Protect the village" came off like there was some sort of choice of track... Idk.

I received an email from BGW a little while ago. The email said the wooden coaster will be located in New France and they were going to let the fans contribute to the coaster's experience & name.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stitch_101
I received an email from BGW a little while ago. The email said the wooden coaster will be located in New France and they were going to let the fans contribute to the coaster's experience & name.

Ahhhh. That explains my confusion with the video. That line was meant to refer to the experience and name choice.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I like it. I love wooden coasters. It should be pretty cool looking with it's theming and location in a very hilly, heavily wooded area of the park. If they bring back some of the entertainment they've cancelled since Blackstone took over, along with this coaster, I might consider going back to what used to be my favorite park.

I like it. I love wooden coasters. It should be pretty cool looking with it's theming and location in a very hilly, heavily wooded area of the park. If they bring back some of the entertainment they've cancelled since Blackstone took over, along with this coaster, I might consider going back to what used to be my favorite park.

I'm excited for it, but I'm not pumped for it in the sense that I won't be able to get up to BGW in the immediate future. I've heard nothing but great things about the landscaping and roller coasters. The terrain of that park is something none of the Florida parks come close to having unfortunately.

I'm excited for it, but I'm not pumped for it in the sense that I won't be able to get up to BGW in the immediate future. I've heard nothing but great things about the landscaping and roller coasters. The terrain of that park is something none of the Florida parks come close to having unfortunately.
It's a fantastically beautiful park, especially with the wooded hills. And you have to walk long beautiful paths through the woods, or over bridges, to get from one land to the next. None of the Florida parks are even close to it in looks & ambiance. They don't have a ton of coasters, but the ones that are there (except for the newest one built on the cheap) are among the finest coasters in the country. The only problem is that Blackstone cut, what was previously some of the best theme park entertainment in the country, down to essentially a few kids shows and little else.

It has received 'most beautiful park' award many times for a reason...absolutely stunning and natural park...many areas challenge some of the best theming in the Orlando parks...a true gem..