Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cali Neighbor Tix for Aprl

Dec 19, 2016
We are planning a trip to USH for two days in April.  I would like either the 2 day tourist special or the Cali Neighbor pass, but the calendar only goes up to March 2017, and it hasn't been updated since early November, 2016.  Every month I wait to see if they have finally added April, but no luck.  I have already got my plane tickets, hotel, and I want to get the USH tickets.  Should I get the Cali Neighbor pass for March 31, even though we won't be there until April 1? My two days are not blackouts.  I have called Universal and they told me to get two 1 day anytime tickets which would be twice as expensive.  (I need 5 for my family)  I sent an email and it looks like it was answered by a bot because it did not address my issue at all.  I want to buy through Universal because of the early admission to Harry Potter Land.

We are planning a trip to USH for two days in April.  I would like either the 2 day tourist special or the Cali Neighbor pass, but the calendar only goes up to March 2017, and it hasn't been updated since early November, 2016.  Every month I wait to see if they have finally added April, but no luck.  I have already got my plane tickets, hotel, and I want to get the USH tickets.  Should I get the Cali Neighbor pass for March 31, even though we won't be there until April 1? My two days are not blackouts.  I have called Universal and they told me to get two 1 day anytime tickets which would be twice as expensive.  (I need 5 for my family)  I sent an email and it looks like it was answered by a bot because it did not address my issue at all.  I want to buy through Universal because of the early admission to Harry Potter Land.

If possible, I would wait because we don't have April's blackout dates. That pass may be blacked out on the day of your visit.

When you buy the CN pass, you have to specify the first date you want to use the pass on a 'calendar' which only goes up to March.  I will not be in Los Angeles until April.  The CN Pass is valid for 9 months after this first date, like an annual pass, with blackout dates.  My two days are not blackouts.   I want to buy the CN Pass with a March 31 first use date, but the Universal phone jockey said I can't do that, since I won't be here in March, and told me to get two 1 day anytime passes for all my family. This will add over $500 dollars to the ticket cost.   I just want to visit for 2 non blackout days in April.  

I'm not certain about this but I think the "Neighbor" pass might be like the previous "Season" passes, wherein it had a "first use must be before X" restriction. It shouldn't be the case since the website now pretty darn clearly says "attend ANY day for first visit" which pretty clearly implies any date within the period of the pass, not just meaning "blockout dates don't apply to the first date". So if they do have some sort of "first use has to be before" restriction stated somewhere, that's teetering near false advertising with the use of "any" in the language. Still, since they don't have April available yet, that *might* be what's going on.

On the other hand, I'm not sure how you worded your question when you asked them earlier, but you might have better luck if you just asked "tickets with start dates in April are not yet available online. When will they be?" and don't offer include anything else. Because I think it's safe to assume they do plan to continue the whole "tell us your first date" thing. Probably soon enough they will let you buy a date-specific ticket in April. And as long as they still offer the Neighbor pass then, you'd still be fine. So while the answer you got avoided the heart of your question, it really might just mean "if you want to buy this now, your only option is an anytime ticket". But what you really want to know is "when will April dates be available". And even if for some reason they DO cancel the Neighbor pass before then, you'd probably be able to buy a 2-day ticket then, which is only $10 more per person (if its price doesn't change) so that's still way cheaper than the multiple 1-day anytime tickets. So I think you're better off waiting.