California Grill to get New Look | Inside Universal Forums

California Grill to get New Look

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I will say Disney is doing a great job in keeping the cuisine side of things updated very well.

Good. The restaurant has been outdated for years, looking like a 90's Wolfgang Puck restaurant.

It was open when we went for our 10th anniversary this past Friday, but oir server mentioned she was excited she was transferring to the resort her husband works at this week.

No movement on the refurb yet. My roomate who works at The Contemporary as a food handler told me last night that the shipments to California Grill have slowed to almost nothing. Expect the restaurant to,be closing for it's remodel very soon :look:

My neighbor is one of the high up managers at that restaurant and I have known about this for awhile. He is really excited about it and I believe he said January, so it should be soon.

I've heard February 4th through July 31st, but still not sure

I've never had the pleasure of eating at California Grill. I've barely seen pictures of the place. However, this does look nice and, as it should be, very contemporary. After seeing what has been happening to WDW menus though lately, i'm not that optimistic that they won't try and really scale things down for the DDP.

Cali grill holds so many special memories for me and my family, I love the restaurant the way it was so any thing they do will have to be special. Whilst the photos look nice it will be the ambieance which will sells it, so I guess we will wait and see.Should all be done by the time of my next trip but getting a tablecould be a tough call. Thanks for posting the photos

Last edited:
New leaked images posted here:
After seen this view,I'm very excited to visited there as soon as possible.No doubt great use of the space.But if they make it more attractive,think about paints(should be use dark color on the walls)....overall great work!

We always eat at Cali Grill when we visit ( 10 years) We won't get the chance this year but I think the new look is great , was a long time coming and welcome it. We will have something to look forward to for our DD's graduation vacation V&A as well.