Can we upgrade from buy a day/get year AP to Value AP | Inside Universal Forums

Can we upgrade from buy a day/get year AP to Value AP

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 1, 2013
We currently have the buy a day/get a year AP which is blacked out on the day we wish to visit.  The next level pass is the Value AP which is not blacked out on our trip day.  Can we upgrade?  If so what would be the cost?  I do not remember how much we paid if we got a special or not.  Difference in posted prices is $19.  Website implies we have to upgrade to Premier AP but its a rather generic statement regarding upgrades to non-blackout AP.  I called USH and was told we could upgrade but was told we had to do so at office inside park...we can't get inside because our pass is blacked out.  That leads to my confusion of we can upgrade to Value AP or not!!

Hi there! I believe you can upgrade at the annual pass center to the left of the park entrance, or at the ticket windows. Not sure of the cost though.

At one point you could pay a fee to enter the park on a blackout day, but I'm not sure if that was discontinued either...best bet is probably the pass center either way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there! I believe you can upgrade at the annual pass center to the left of the park entrance, or at the ticket windows. Not sure of the cost though.

At one point you could pay a fee to enter the park on a blackout day, but I'm not sure if that was discontinued either...best bet is probably the pass center either way.
I'm guessing you pay the difference, but do check the annual pass center to the left of the park entrance. You can also try Guest Services if the annual pass center is closed.

There is a fee for entering the park on a blackout date. $30. But they are still offering the upgrades.