Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Charging Stations at Universal

Feb 22, 2015
LA
I got a question regarding USH. I usually charge my phone and conserve battery so that it doesn't go down throughout the day - but that said, due to recent events I have to ask - does USH have cell phone charging stations within the park? I've seen some other pages post about it but I've never seen them around. Just a curious question! 

They do have one or two in the Upper Lot as of now if I'm not mistaken. One is in the main entrance plaza area, and one is behind the wait times sign next to Cartooniversal. If you're able to access the AMEX Lounge in the Lower Lot, you can charge you phone there for free as well.

The biggest thing you can do is set your phone to airplane mode if you aren't using it. Your phone will spend more energy searching for a strong signal in a congested network like Universal's.

Yeah, thats usually my last resort, I usually don't do much with my phone besides send texts or take pictures. Thanks for the advice Jon! I did forget that Universal usually has a congested network with so many guests. 

Starbucks on the upper lot has a few charging outlets for guest use at the moment and I believe there are a few scattered about in Springfield.

I think Universal at least is wising up to putting outlets at seating areas. You'd think other parks (Disney!) would start doing that as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I'm aware, there are outlets spread around the park that are available for guest use. They aren't marked, but no one will stop you from using them. And while I haven't done it, I've heard that you can borrow a phone charger from Guest Relations, you just have to leave a form of ID with them as collateral.

I wish USH had those Fuel Rod machines most airports or WDW has. Those are nice and recyclable and what not.