Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cheapest Way to Find Universal Vacation Packages?

Jul 10, 2012
chattanooga, tn
whats the best way to set up a vacation to UOR? should I book directly through universals website? or some other place? maybe book hotel and tickets separately

1st off sign up for You first rewards at Loews hotels, they send out pin codes randomly for discounts(up to 40% off) And while your at it sign up at Universals site as well,they do the same with pin codes. I just got one for 35% off a family suite at CBR.A annual pass is a great way to save as well.
Cheap Tickets.com is another site to sign up for.
I have been staying on site since 04 for our stays and have always booked separately for the best deal.
As for which site you can check prices with out comitting , But the packages from Universal have strict rules and are not 100% refundable. Any changes after booking can result in additional charges.
This is what I do for our annual HHN vacation.
Book room around Febuary, requires 1 nights deposit(universals website)
This is the smsm rate(staymore savemore)if a better rate comes along I call and have it changed(aph,pin code or the rate just goes down).
I send a check to Loews hotels when I can , If I have to cancel all money
is refunded.Unlike packages which will charge you a % for canceling, plus
a package requires full payment before your stay. Always keep checking rates, Last year 3 weeks before our stay the aph rate dropped lower than the smsm rate and I saved about $150.00. Hope this helps.

Tickets from Undercover Tourist is probably your best option. I would NOT go with a package. Separate is usually better.

I've booked package before (Harry Potter so I could get the owl and breakfast reservations) and the price difference between a package and booking each item separately is negligible, but the package is a bigger hassle because of the outdated booking website and cancellation rules. I buy my tickets directly through Universal's website and book my hotel directly with Loews. So much easier and pretty. I use TripIt to keep track of ticket and itinerary numbers.

AAA mag has a two page ad promoting UOR for 5 nights/6 days at RP, 2 day park/park, rental car for $639.00. AAA used to promote the hell out of Disney in the past but mag had nothing Disney.

AAA mag has a two page ad promoting UOR for 5 nights/6 days at RP, 2 day park/park, rental car for $639.00. AAA used to promote the hell out of Disney in the past but mag had nothing Disney.
Heck, I threw mine away when I got it the other day. Should have kept it....Great Price. That's what it costs for one night at the Grand Floridian during value times.

Ooops... devil is in the details.

One check-in date of Aug. 21, not sure if one can refuse the car rental to avoid parking fee, and early park admission which I believe may be forced on you for a price by the hotel. I will call AAA tomorrow for the details on these points and report back.

Sorry for the fuss.

Last edited: