Christmas Town Comes to Busch Gardens | Inside Universal Forums

Christmas Town Comes to Busch Gardens

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
CHRISTMAS TOWN AT BGT?? Wow! This is awesome news. I've been following the event at Williamsburg and was hoping to make a special trip for it. Now, I won't have to. :lol:

Over at BGW, passholders get 50% off admission (so it comes out to $12.50).

Over at BGW, passholders get 50% off admission (so it comes out to $12.50).

but the key is they open later, BGT will have normal (reduced) hours of operation on days there is a christmas town event... unlike BGW which is only open for christmas town and shifts their opening to the afternoon if i remember reading that correctly.

I dont think the price will be that much, $20.00 would be the max I would pay to go and then spend more money inside.
Being the first year it will be interesting to see what happens and the attendence they get.

BGT must be trying to cash in on the mass amounts of tourist flooding Orlando during the second half of December. I have had the privilege of talking to Jim Dean a couple of times and his main project or goal if you will is to drag people out of Orlando. A much harder task than most would think. He said to me one time we have to appeal to that family dollar. (Video evidence Briman?) :lol: What have we gotten so far? Jungala, Sesame Street, Cheetah Hunt, New Ice Show, Animal exhibits, and now there taking it even further with special "family" events. Include that with all the special kids day and kids pass promotions and it gives a clear direction the park is heading. Now if only we could get that dark ride...

Tampa does get huge crowds at Christmas from The New Years Bowl crowds. Busch is slammed at Christmas time like Orlando Not as bad but bad. I mean if Legoland can pack them in at Christmas why not give more incentive at Busch?

Love the idea, I just don't know if I think they should charge extra... all the past years their Xmas event was included in park admission and now it isn't... Is SeaWorld the next park to have an up charge to their Holiday event?

They will still have Christmas shows during the day as in the past (confirmed on the Facebook page). I can see why the uproar over it being a separate ticketed event. However, the park normally closed at 6 or 7 in December if I remember correctly (with the exception of New Years Eve). The only real difference I can see to normal daytime operations would be to close perhaps around 5 to get everything ready. I'm guessing they need to see if the event will be profitable and draw a crowd. Perhaps they include it with admission in future years (hopefully). I love the event at SWO and have wanted BGT to get one similar.

The thing with Seaworld; they generally are busier than BGT in December simply due to the fact of it's location and closer competition, so it makes sense to have it included there. Also, BGW is normally not open in December, and open in the afternoon for this event only.

Christmas Town tickets will be on sale to passholders at the preview center from Now thru July 17 for $10.

Normal price is $29.99

That's a pretty sweet deal. I think I will have to swing by.

Christmas Town tickets will be on sale to passholders at the preview center from Now thru July 17 for $10.

Normal price is $29.99

That's a pretty sweet deal. I think I will have to swing by.

$10 at the park or until the 17th, or while supplies last, Passholders can also buy tickets online for $24.99 (reguarly $39.99) from the mailer I got...
I will be heading over there tomorrow for a couple of tickets.

Got mine.... Now trapped by this massive thunder storm
All pass members need not be present when getting tickets passes just have to be current when they look th up