Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count (HHN 32) | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't disagree that maybe all of the negative attitude surrounding the house has caused a mass disliking of it by the community, but that doesn't change the fact that it's still just... not a great house.
Yeah I’m not saying it’s a great house or anything, but I’ve seen people call it the worst HHN house ever and I don’t think it’s anywhere close to that.

Y’all idk, maybe I’m just getting really good run throughs or I’ve just been having way too much heart of damballah beforehand but this house has been super intense and camp and extremely fun every time I’ve done it. Sure the sets are easily the weakest of the year but the puppetry is really good and the scares are better than being given credit for imo.

I've been having really good runs too. Last time it was really intense. Actors are trying hard. It's been a lot of fun. They are trying so hard.

The sets really are the worst sets of all time for me ( in my experience) I literally cannot remember a worst house set wise ( some people bring up hell block horror but that jail was better)
The set up is really terrible in this building. I don't know if they are limited by the space in this area or the budget got cut.
Maybe they just didn't have a big budget. And this is the best they could do?
Is the house so narrow because they couldn't build anything big? Limitations on the space or budget?

Best part of this house was hearing “Don’t f*** with the Chuck” every single time I passed a tv. Unironically laughed harder every time since I heard it so often.

Everytime I heard that I thought "wow I wish it wasn't bleeped" lol

They’ve said p*ssies before! We can get higher!!

We can see all forms of dismembered bodies and extreme gore,l in HHN, literally see bodies cut up open, see intestines out and stuff lol. Heads split open , decapitated heads etc.
But no cursing! :lmao: children visit this event :lol:

( reminds me of the walking Dead show, very extreme gore allowed on tv, but no nudity :lmao:)

I've been having really good runs too. Last time it was really intense. Actors are trying hard. It's been a lot of fun. They are trying so hard.

The sets really are the worst sets of all time for me ( in my experience) I literally cannot remember a worst house set wise ( some people bring up hell block horror but that jail was better)
The set up is really terrible in this building. I don't know if they are limited by the space in this area or the budget got cut.
Maybe they just didn't have a big budget. And this is the best they could do?
Is the house so narrow because they couldn't build anything big? Limitations on the space or budget?

We can see all forms of dismembered bodies and extreme gore,l in HHN, literally see bodies cut up open, see intestines out and stuff lol. Heads split open , decapitated heads etc.
But no cursing! :lmao: children visit this event :lol:

( reminds me of the walking Dead show, very extreme gore allowed on tv, but no nudity :lmao:)
It’s a pretty interesting scenario cause on one hand we know that HHN can build really good stuff in tight quarters, and I’d have to imagine they could have given the house a proper budget knowing the IP is a merch driver this year.

And it’s been in the world for over a year so… very perplexing.

Probably just a case of executives forcing the design team to do for certain things and not give them the creative freedom to do a proper house.

I almost wonder if what happened was the original plan was for the house to be a book report on the show with the first half being season one and the second half being season two. But at some point in development they realized that idea wasn’t going to work the way they originally thought so there was a last minute change to the current concept but by the time it happened there was just no time to think of or build good sets for it.

It’s a pretty interesting scenario cause on one hand we know that HHN can build really good stuff in tight quarters, and I’d have to imagine they could have given the house a proper budget knowing the IP is a merch driver this year.

And it’s been in the world for over a year so… very perplexing.

Probably just a case of executives forcing the design team to do for certain things and not give them the creative freedom to do a proper house.

I almost wonder if what happened was the original plan was for the house to be a book report on the show with the first half being season one and the second half being season two. But at some point in development they realized that idea wasn’t going to work the way they originally thought so there was a last minute change to the current concept but by the time it happened there was just no time to think of or build good sets for it.

That's how it came off to me when it was announced last year. Even though I'm not a fan of the TV series, I might've enjoyed the house much more.

Yeah if you think about it, it kinda feels last minute. Like hell block horror. Even similar in the structure. I could see that happening

Maybe something went wrong or they had to cut something out or their hands were tied somehow. Maybe that's definitely the answer.
This house was the best they could do with the limitations they had or the problems they had. ( limitations of budget or something)

Maybe the studio didn't like the first version of the house?

Yeah if you think about it, it kinda feels last minute. Like hell block horror. Even similar in the structure. I could see that happening

This is what bugged me most about this house. It was the first announced, they had time to really flesh it out and seemingly it was a lock so I assumed they would go all out. It felt like a local Kings Island haunt to me, black walls, you could see the puppets clearly before scares. In fact, I would rate Hellblock Horror higher than this. Even comparing it to last years location wise, I felt they did a decent job last year filling in the space and theming to make it feel enough like the rest given what they were working with.

Will say, Blumhouse had the advantage that 1/2 the house was intentionally designed to be bare theming wise… so if they really are space-constrained at this location, I can’t wait for the Shrek/Villain Con space to return.
At least for me, 4 out of the 6 houses located in Shrek/VC were bangers. Really hope it returns because F&F is just.... not it. Shrek/VC is the perfect location for a smaller IP.

Will say, Blumhouse had the advantage that 1/2 the house was intentionally designed to be bare theming wise… so if they really are space-constrained at this location, I can’t wait for the Shrek/Villain Con space to return.

At least for me, 4 out of the 6 houses located in Shrek/VC were bangers. Really hope it returns because F&F is just.... not it. Shrek/VC is the perfect location for a smaller IP.

Just bring back the men in black tent. The one next to the fire show.
That tent was great. Much better than this building.
I don't think the Shrek place will ever be used but they could use the tent by the fire show. Where rob zombie was.
I don't think we will never have a good house here

I'm not a Chucky fan, and I was exposed to the negative reception before my trip but... this wasn't offensively bad. It's not great, but it feels so fast paced that I can't even care. Houses like Spirits or Hellblock or TCM 30 were already not great for me, but they felt even worse because they were LONG. By the time I thought "this is a dumb scene," I was in the next scene anyways. Plus I still got a number of good scares, so I left feeling like I hadn't experienced something so awful.

I'll probably give it one more run before the end of the event, but if my run yesterday was my final one I'd be fine with that.

The house ain't good. The idea is simply too high-concept, its' execution was incredibly muddled, and the puppets, mannequins, and flatscreens just make a cheap looking house feel so much emptier. From my understanding, the house is meant to be a chintzy walkthrough for the first half, and Chucky's personal haunt through the second half. There are some fun bits in the first few rooms, but others are either much too small (the feet under the kitchen counter), aren't very impressive at all (the flashwire chucky, or the still puppets meant to "jump" towards you that are always visible in their boohole), or end up completely missing anything interesting at all (the empty and dark syringe kill room without any actors). I appreciate the addition of the actor in the middle portion of the house a ton, but the second "Chucky's Haunt" portion feels and looks no different to me than the first half.

A fog machine GAT, some cute details between the preshow and the facade, an animatronic, the mascot performer in the middle portion, there are some neat things here, but it's personally too little for what is absolutely the worst HHN house I've ever been in.

With all of that said, I don't want to downplay the importance of the fact that I've never gone through this house and seen these performers phone it in. I've seen Clickers barely lurch, Yeti's leaning against a wall during a trigger, Elemental Fire Spirits barely act like anything more than a worker in a bulky suit collecting a paycheck, but these Chucky scareactors have always been giving this house 110% effort and they deserve ceaseless praise for it. They could've easily let the bad reception effect their work and I wouldn't have even blamed them, but they have honestly been some of the most dedicated performers in the whole event for me. I really do appreciate their effort, hard work, and consistency, honest props to them!

I'll probably give it one more run before the end of the event, but if my run yesterday was my final one I'd be fine with that.

The house ain't good. The idea is simply too high-concept, its' execution was incredibly muddled, and the puppets, mannequins, and flatscreens just make a cheap looking house feel so much emptier. From my understanding, the house is meant to be a chintzy walkthrough for the first half, and Chucky's personal haunt through the second half. There are some fun bits in the first few rooms, but others are either much too small (the feet under the kitchen counter), aren't very impressive at all (the flashwire chucky, or the still puppets meant to "jump" towards you that are always visible in their boohole), or end up completely missing anything interesting at all (the empty and dark syringe kill room without any actors). I appreciate the addition of the actor in the middle portion of the house a ton, but the second "Chucky's Haunt" portion feels and looks no different to me than the first half.

A fog machine GAT, some cute details between the preshow and the facade, an animatronic, the mascot performer in the middle portion, there are some neat things here, but it's personally too little for what is absolutely the worst HHN house I've ever been in.

With all of that said, I don't want to downplay the importance of the fact that I've never gone through this house and seen these performers phone it in. I've seen Clickers barely lurch, Yeti's leaning against a wall during a trigger, Elemental Fire Spirits barely act like anything more than a worker in a bulky suit collecting a paycheck, but these Chucky scareactors have always been giving this house 110% effort and they deserve ceaseless praise for it. They could've easily let the bad reception effect their work and I wouldn't have even blamed them, but they have honestly been some of the most dedicated performers in the whole event for me. I really do appreciate their effort, hard work, and consistency, honest props to them!

House has great scare actors with lots of energy, but like Shipyard Zone, they're hindered by what they could do.