CityWalk Hollywood | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We were just walking though Citywalk over the past weekend, and realized there are still 4 large, unused venues available: the old Gordon Beirsch, Howl at the Moon, Samba, and Jillian's (the bowling alley that used to be above Margaritaville). Five, if you want to could the old Wizards/Jon Lovitz Comedy Club, though I've heard that's now mostly used for staff trainings, meetings, and storage.

It's a bit crazy to me that they haven't brought over Cowfish and Bigfire. And the Jillian's space could make for a great indoor mini golf venue, as that area really lacks mini-golf, and it's a great family friendly activity. Citywalk Orlando has mini golf, really shocking we don't when it seems we fairly easily could. It seems it'd be a relatively low cost way to make easy money.

What CityWalk needs to do is have an Entertainment Facility that's kinda like a few of these places scattered throughout the southland. Kinda like an indoor laser tag, mini golf, arcade, etc. Kinda similar to what Rideguy mentioned, but on a slightly larger scale. Maybe throw in a few escape rooms.

But yeah bring Cowfish over here!

We were just walking though Citywalk over the past weekend, and realized there are still 4 large, unused venues available: the old Gordon Beirsch, Howl at the Moon, Samba, and Jillian's (the bowling alley that used to be above Margaritaville). Five, if you want to could the old Wizards/Jon Lovitz Comedy Club, though I've heard that's now mostly used for staff trainings, meetings, and storage.

It's a bit crazy to me that they haven't brought over Cowfish and Bigfire. And the Jillian's space could make for a great indoor mini golf venue, as that area really lacks mini-golf, and it's a great family friendly activity. Citywalk Orlando has mini golf, really shocking we don't when it seems we fairly easily could. It seems it'd be a relatively low cost way to make easy money.
This is why I wish they took some of citywalk and made it theme park space and if they REALLY in the future needed more space then build up but....Citywalk just has so much unused space...I wish they just compacted it better and used for theme park space.....we could maybe get a nice sit down place in the front area of the park and maybe a new location for a show or flex space...over just huge empty buildings mid way down the mall

Also yes very down for mini golf, escape rooms and other entertainment but USH doesn't seem to want to do any of this....and yeah like a Kirby cafe I think would bring in insane traffic

I agree with @Freak adding more entertainment/experiences would be ideal. Especially with that on-site hotel incoming. I LOVE Orlando's mini golf. I still can't believe USH (or Disneyland) still hasn't jumped on bringing one. An escape room could be good as long as they don't make the mistakes Orlando made. Laser tag would be fun. I wouldn't be opposed to bowling being brought back (Universal themed). They just really need to fill the empty spaces.

This is why I wish they took some of citywalk and made it theme park space. I wish they just compacted it better and used for theme park space.....we could maybe get a nice sit down place in the front area of the park
Completely impossible due to the fact that there is an important backstage service road (Tony Curtis Dr) between the park & Citywalk
1000009522.jpg
Not to mention the fact that USH Wardrobe & AMC take up the space across from Waterworld & Potter. As I said, the Upper Lot can't be expanded into Citywalk territory.

Reactions: Clive and Nico
It does mostly look like the usual merch, but I do like they now added some of the merch that was previously only seen at the Univrs store. Good to mix that in there. And the hat and lanyard looked new!

Reactions: Wesker69
I'm glad they still sell Tristen/Eaton 100s shirts/hoodie. Surprised to not see the Wolfman/Dracula shirt from that collection. I regret not splurging on that stuff when I worked there & had the holiday discount :sob: :lol:

At first glance, I thought that white button-down was a Mummy shirt with hieroglyphs, then realized it was a Frankenstein shirt. I was too sleepy to be fooled like that lol. Still kinda want it though

The Universal Monsters Tribute Store is now open at CityWalk at Universal Studios Hollywood.