Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Hollywood

Aw, man. I was going to buy a few as gifts for friends. Guess I’ll wait to visit Citywalk once they’re restocked. If someone can update the thread when they’re back in stock that’d be most excellent.
I updated my post to make it even more clear they are not being sold at the store...and they are not sold out but in stock. All the different Masks are still there

I visited Citywalk this afternoon and the experience has changed my mind about attending the parks during this pandemic. I felt safer there than I do walking around my own neighborhood or going to a grocery store.

All the staff were very friendly and put us at ease. Even saw a security guard enforcing the face mask rule. Didn't have any negative or problematic encounters with other guests.

Only noticed two things: one was a Bubba Gump employee ignoring the one way marks in order to get to work. The other was the exit path from City Walk to Jurassic parking being blocked off, forcing us to use the entrance instead of the designated exit. No big deal since it wasn’t busy, though.

Gotta say, drinking a boba tea in front of the empty USH entrance plaza was a pretty nice way to kick the COVID blues.

I visited Citywalk this afternoon and the experience has changed my mind about attending the parks during this pandemic. I felt safer there than I do walking around my own neighborhood or going to a grocery store.

All the staff were very friendly and put us at ease. Even saw a security guard enforcing the face mask rule. Didn't have any negative or problematic encounters with other guests.

Only noticed two things: one was a Bubba Gump employee ignoring the one way marks in order to get to work. The other was the exit path from City Walk to Jurassic parking being blocked off, forcing us to use the entrance instead of the designated exit. No big deal since it wasn’t busy, though.

Gotta say, drinking a boba tea in front of the empty USH entrance plaza was a pretty nice way to kick the COVID blues.
Yeah, going to Knotts and DTD this weekend and hoping its the same but so far Universal all three Times I've gone has done a great job.

Glad you got out and enjoyed it

Knott's Marketplace is also doing a GREAT job. It's great to go there. Part of me wants them to keep the Marketplace the way it is now even after theme parks eventually reopen.

Downtown Disney... I'll give them credit that they are doing all they can, and the employees are very kind. Loved having actual handwashing stations around. For me, the biggest issue there is really the other guests. There's a certain percentage of Disney guests where their enthusiasm/entitlement for things Disney overrides common sense and courtesy. Certianly not all, but enough that I didn't enjoy myself as much. Also, aside from World of Disney (which often gets huge lines just to get in), I find there just really isn't even that much to do at Downtown Disney.

Knott's Marketplace is also doing a GREAT job. It's great to go there. Part of me wants them to keep the Marketplace the way it is now even after theme parks eventually reopen.

Downtown Disney... I'll give them credit that they are doing all they can, and the employees are very kind. Loved having actual handwashing stations around. For me, the biggest issue there is really the other guests. There's a certain percentage of Disney guests where their enthusiasm/entitlement for things Disney overrides common sense and courtesy. Certianly not all, but enough that I didn't enjoy myself as much. Also, aside from World of Disney (which often gets huge lines just to get in), I find there just really isn't even that much to do at Downtown Disney.
They lost 3 of the 4 things to DO there....yes they have a bowling ally but that wont open for a while. Them getting rid of the ESPN Zone, and Rainforest before getting the ok to do construction the way they wanted was so stupid of them.
Then you have AMC which also can't open.

I know they have done Pop up events there but very much have a lot of space just not being used. Universal also has been starting to add new locations since Jimmy Buffet came in, their own "mistake" is not using the space where the restaurant near the entrance to the park was

Yeah, I’m planning on hitting DTD one afternoon in the middle of the week to avoid the passholes. Will definitely try out Knotts too! Thanks for the tip.

Funny seeing Citywalk Hollywood after spending years at the one in Orlando (this was only my third time visiting CWH). When we were talking about NBC Sports Grill having an outdoor screen, I was thinking something massive like in Orlando. Ha, forgot how much less space there is for things like that in Hollywood. Don’t get me wrong, love many aspects of CWH, but it was funny to be excited to see the new screen, only to see what it actually was. Same for Margaritaville - hadn’t seen Hollywood’s yet and was excited after spending so much time at Orlando’s aaaannnd again, so much smaller than anticipated!

Also, getting to see a peak of SLOP’s facade made me giddy! Can’t wait for the park to reopen so we can ride it!

We visited Downtown Disney on a Thursday morning, and there were still a good number of fanatics there. It's literally the only Disney option available for millions of passholders that are desperate for anything Disney... there's not avoiding it.

We visited Downtown Disney on a Thursday morning, and there were still a good number of fanatics there. It's literally the only Disney option available for millions of passholders that are desperate for anything Disney... there's not avoiding it.

Thanks for the heads up. Guess we’ll avoid DTD for now.

You mean like too many people there....or the people there are not following the rules?

Mostly the former... but a bit of the latter (mostly those without their nose covered). The line to get into WoD was probably about 15 minutes a half hour into opening, and stretched all they way back into the esplanade. And not much social distancing going on in the store. We didn't stay in it long. Plus, they were sold out of the one item we wanted (an adult Haunted Mansion face mask).

Mostly the former... but a bit of the latter (mostly those without their nose covered). The line to get into WoD was probably about 15 minutes a half hour into opening, and stretched all they way back into the esplanade. And not much social distancing going on in the store. We didn't stay in it long. Plus, they were sold out of the one item we wanted (an adult Haunted Mansion face mask).
Yeah seems like they are basically out of all adult masks but the basic ones you can get online

It did feel weird, like the main hub who cares no one is there its safe but for sure it had the most amount of people per square inch of anywhere I've been even Knotts didn't feel like that.
Disney needs to figure something out, they literally can do no wrong to these people..lol

I went this past Tuesday and WOD only had the HM, IASW, and Ombré Mickey masks on hand. On the way back to the parking lot I noticed the Pin shop next to the monorail station had a full supply of the previous designs (Pixar, marvel, Star Wars, Etc.) Just a tip to look here next time.

I went this past Tuesday and WOD only had the HM, IASW, and Ombré Mickey masks on hand. On the way back to the parking lot I noticed the Pin shop next to the monorail station had a full supply of the previous designs (Pixar, marvel, Star Wars, Etc.) Just a tip to look here next time.
Not to turn this into a DTD topic...but was there Sunday and that shop only had kid sized masks. Seems they are selling out quickly of the theme park masks

We looked at the monorail station store. They didn't have any their either (as of Thursday last week). Which basically means the fanatics snapped them up. Another reason to dislike them. :lol:

Went today and it was the busiest I've seen Citywalk, no clue why. Nothing new really happening but there was a line to get into the Universal store and Bubba Gump's.
Grabbed the Retro Universal T Shirt and a bag that is themed to all the current attractions...funny on the bag it has "EPIC adventures on it" which is im sure them trying to make the word Epic associated with Universal.

Went today and it was the busiest I've seen Citywalk, no clue why. Nothing new really happening but there was a line to get into the Universal store and Bubba Gump's.
Grabbed the Retro Universal T Shirt and a bag that is themed to all the current attractions...funny on the bag it has "EPIC adventures on it" which is im sure them trying to make the word Epic associated with Universal.
As I mentioned on another thread, it seemed like most of the WDW & Universal parks had their largest crowds this summer.