Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Hollywood

Outside of The studio store, NBC Grill and (future) Chocolate Feast Kitchen, what restaurant concepts are wholy Universal owned in Citywalk?

It seems like they are moving in the direction of their own concepts so a Doc Brown's chicken isn't a totally crazy idea...
Definitely not a crazy idea. I think enough people remember Doc Brown’s that it would be a fun nostalgia trip. The only thing is, as a consumer, I’d want the product to be as unique from Cletus’ Chicken Shack as possible. If they rethought the menu but brought back all the imagery and theming, I think it’d be a lot of fun.

Wouldn’t it be cool if just for the Halloween season they turned Ludo’s into Captain Spaulding’s chicken from House of 1,000 corpses?
I mean, there is a TON of things Universal could have done like give us a Halloween Horror Night Store and theme it to beetlejuice like in Florida but I doubt they are going to do anything.
They don't even have plastic up on the turnstyles, they seem to not cash in on people willing to come for any kinda Halloween event....I bet they could have a taste of Universal HHN themed and sell out with 80 plus dollar tickets

I mean, there is a TON of things Universal could have done like give us a Halloween Horror Night Store and theme it to beetlejuice like in Florida but I doubt they are going to do anything.
They don't even have plastic up on the turnstyles, they seem to not cash in on people willing to come for any kinda Halloween event....I bet they could have a taste of Universal HHN themed and sell out with 80 plus dollar tickets
It takes about eight months for Orlando to design and build their tribute store. They have a team dedicated strictly to themed retail. It’s not really something they throw together.

Considering the conversion of any retail space would require permits, which are likely a challenge now. Even if Hollywood wanted to do something, they may not feel it’s worth it logistically. They wanted to be open by now.

It takes about eight months for Orlando to design and build their tribute store. They have a team dedicated strictly to themed retail. It’s not really something they throw together.

Considering the conversion of any retail space would require permits, which are likely a challenge now. Even if Hollywood wanted to do something, they may not feel it’s worth it logistically. They wanted to be open by now.
I would be happy with the Props just set up in a store. I get they wanted that but they knew by the 4th I wasn't going to happen anytime soon.

It just would have been cool for something...I just can't wrap my head around Knotts being able to do events but Universal and Disney who are know for Halloween events are like "sorry nothing"

Is Retro merch sold out? Was hoping for a retro Hollywood mug (and potentially Halloween tribute mugs, but that's not happening this year it seems...)

Is Retro merch sold out? Was hoping for a retro Hollywood mug (and potentially Halloween tribute mugs, but that's not happening this year it seems...)
I was fairly certain Halloween merch was coming second or third week of September but I guess with covid nothing is certain. If you’re talking about the universal Hollywood retro merch it should still be there. I haven’t been able to go cause the air quality is pretty bad out there.

Last edited:
I was fairly certain Halloween merch was coming second or third week of September but I guess with covid nothing is certain. If you’re talking about the universal Hollywood retro merch it should still be there. I haven’t been able to go cause the air quality is pretty bad out there.
I was there on Sept 3 and they had plenty of retro merch still available. Didn’t see any Halloween stuff yet.
I'm going this weekend and will look but last time i was there they had retro stuff.

Thanks for the replies! Visited the park a couple times over the last 2 years (not to mention Citywalk IMAX numerous times) and always find myself heading to the Studio Store before the movie\after a park visit, hoping there will be a coffee mug\merchandise with the OG 90s logos and vibes. It seems the current retro line is as close as I'll get!

Thanks for the replies! Visited the park a couple times over the last 2 years (not to mention Citywalk IMAX numerous times) and always find myself heading to the Studio Store before the movie\after a park visit, hoping there will be a coffee mug\merchandise with the OG 90s logos and vibes. It seems the current retro line is as close as I'll get!

Yep! They were in stock a couple of weeks ago. Had the throwback logo with classic characters - ET, Jaws, Frankenstein’s Monster, etc.

W
Went today, had all the Merch still there to the left of you as you walk into the store.

Also they had the main plaza/entrance area blocked there was a huge set there they were either setting up or taking down

I didn't figure it has any meaning beyond Halloween wishes.

In terms of Citywalk, its known (though not totally official) that Subway will become a Firehouse Subs. But anyone have have any idea what Panda will turn into? Haven't even heard rumors.