Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Hollywood

I didn't figure it has any meaning beyond Halloween wishes.

In terms of Citywalk, its known (though not totally official) that Subway will become a Firehouse Subs. But anyone have have any idea what Panda will turn into? Haven't even heard rumors.

If Smash became Habit and Subway became Firehouse - my math says Panda will become Pei Wei. :lol:

I wouldn't argue that... I love Pei Wei!

But haha, I do see what you mean... it's crazy how each venue is being replaced by something similar.

While no official announcement has been made, all signs point to Karl Strauss Brewing Company's closure; including its removal from the CityWalk directory.

While no official announcement has been made, all signs point to Karl Strauss Brewing Company's closure; including its removal from the CityWalk directory.

Was waiting for some story on this. The restaurant has looked like that for a couple months now.

What else does Orlando have that we don't? I suppose it could turn into Cowfish, or Big Fire.

But it also woudn't surprise me if it just turned into offices. The entire rest of the second floor in that area are offices.

I mean, Howl at the Moon has never been replaced either. I'm not sure even Universal knows what to do with those spaces.

Although thinking outloud, it could also nearly make a perfect special events space. I'm not sure if Citywalk even has a special event space (aside from the lawn once occupied by Saddleranch). Even moreso that they lost the event space in the Old Globe. It's right in the middle of Citywalk, but at the same time, not in the lane of most of it's traffic. It's likely not as large as the Old Globe, but I'm sure uses could be found for it.

Question: the Citywalk map shows Production Central is open Fridays-Sundays. Isn’t this inside the park? Has anyone gone since it’s been opened?

Question: the Citywalk map shows Production Central is open Fridays-Sundays. Isn’t this inside the park? Has anyone gone since it’s been opened?
I think its just on Citywalk. should be the last store before you get to the park entrance

I feel like we would have seen pic's if they were letting people into the park

I think its just on Citywalk. should be the last store before you get to the park entrance

I feel like we would have seen pic's if they were letting people into the park

That’s what I thought too. Looking at the Citywalk website, it says Production Central is open Fri-Sun. If I click on the link, the map shows this...

925DED2D-94B7-4C5B-A21E-DD4B2B29CC69.jpeg
I might go tomorrow and see what’s up.

That’s what I thought too. Looking at the Citywalk website, it says Production Central is open Fri-Sun. If I click on the link, the map shows this...

View attachment 13384
I might go tomorrow and see what’s up.
hmmm strange, my guess is its a type or something but will go to the park this weekend if they let me in..even if its just for a store.

JPLand posted some interesting tidbits that occurred at Universal this week, such as the Red Carpet being rolled out for the first time since the shutdown, the globe was finally spinning, and the water fountain inside the entrance of the park was on. Maybe Universal is planning to host a food event similar to what’s going on over at Knotts Berry Farm. Or perhaps it means nothing:

Last edited:
To answer all the Production Central questions: Yes, the same Production Central as in the park. But because the park is closed, they moved the same merch into a store in Citywalk for the time being. It's in the space Element used to occupy.

It's where to go for more movie specficic merch: Transformers, Jurassic, F&F, Psycho, and some of the HHN/Monsters stuff--all from last year, nothing new.

It's been there for about 2 months or so?

JPLand posted some interesting tidbits that occurred at Universal this week, such as the Red Carpet being rolled out for the first time since the shutdown, the globe was finally spinning, and the water fountain inside the entrance of the park was on. Maybe Universal is planning to host a food event similar to what’s going on over at Knotts Berry Farm. Or perhaps it means nothing:

I strongly suspect it means nothing. For what it's worth, the globe was spinning way back when Citywalk first reopened. I think it was just temporarly down for a bit of work. And I'd imagine the carpet is more just for filming.

Last edited:

The carpet was rolled out a couple months back for filming if I recall correctly. Does anyone know when Gavin Newsoms task force visited universal? They could’ve literally rolled out the red carpet for them

The carpet was rolled out a couple months back for filming if I recall correctly. Does anyone know when Gavin Newsoms task force visited universal? They could’ve literally rolled out the red carpet for them

According to recent articles on the matter, Gavin's team has been to Universal Hollywood. Odds are, it's red carpet to roll out how the park would feasibly operate in a COVID-19 environment, as part of demonstrating for the team.

Meanwhile, guess what has entered the Studio Vault?

I went for a Citywalk Friday afternoon. So funny, I had seen the Production Central store before but it wasn’t open. They had some better merch than the Universal store, especially for UCM.

A lot more social distancing markers and one way walking signs - even though some people still ignored them like idiots. Universal’s trying, though.

Last thing, we tried getting up to the ET parking lot to check out Nintendo construction, but couldn’t figure it out. Anyone know how to get up there from Citywalk? They had barricades near Buca Di Beppo, which was the route we were going to take.

Universal has announced that Universal CityWalk is teaming with the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk to serve as an official voting location for the upcoming 2020 General Election.

I went for a Citywalk Friday afternoon. So funny, I had seen the Production Central store before but it wasn’t open. They had some better merch than the Universal store, especially for UCM.

A lot more social distancing markers and one way walking signs - even though some people still ignored them like idiots. Universal’s trying, though.

Last thing, we tried getting up to the ET parking lot to check out Nintendo construction, but couldn’t figure it out. Anyone know how to get up there from Citywalk? They had barricades near Buca Di Beppo, which was the route we were going to take.
As Brain posted below you they are going to help with elections so that is why.

Also yeah, the amount of people who don't see the arrows is so annoying. Its like we have a huge walkway why do you have to be on the wrong side?