CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

MrBlonde

Aug 7, 2018
Over on Screamscape, (Universal Orlando), story posted today that the Red Coconut Club and The groove could be on their way out and a Comedy Club (possibly SNL) and Escape Rooms could be their replacements.

I've never gone to either of the original properties, so it could be a nice refresh to the top area and tie in more Uni IP.

MrBlonde

Aug 7, 2018
Poor Jekyll & Hyde Club does its best periodically, but it can't quite break into the top 3.
Went there multiple times as a kid in its Times Square location, but no way they'd spend the money unless they directly made it their own Universals monster lab or something. But then it's already in the park via monsters cafe.

Reactions: SeventyOne

SeventyOne

V.I.P.
Jul 1, 2010
Orlando
Went there multiple times as a kid in its Times Square location, but no way they'd spend the money unless they directly made it their own Universals monster lab or something. But then it's already in the park via monsters cafe.
Just joking that it's another one of those periodic rumors that will never die. It's come up every couple years for over a decade, not happened yet, so I wasn't holding my breath.

shiekra38

Legendary Member
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
Over on Screamscape, (Universal Orlando), story posted today that the Red Coconut Club and The groove could be on their way out and a Comedy Club (possibly SNL) and Escape Rooms could be their replacements.

I've never gone to either of the original properties, so it could be a nice refresh to the top area and tie in more Uni IP.
...or just restaurants to lighten the strain on the stuff downstairs

An SNL concept would be fun, but I don't see it going further than a theme and various clips playing while you eat