Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Club Disney Premieres December 5 at the New Sunset Showcase

Nov 15, 2012
Club Disney Premieres December 5 at the New Sunset Showcase at Disney’s Hollywood Studios « Disney Parks Blog

An all-new special event venue, Sunset Showcase opens later this year on Sunset Boulevard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This entertainment showplace has been custom designed to host a variety of different experiences over time.

The premier engagement at the new Sunset Showcase will be Club Disney, the hottest spot in town for kids and characters alike! You can join Mickey and the gang and take to the dance floor in this electric club environment, where a DJ Club Host spins the perfect playlist mix of your favorite Radio Disney Top 40 songs as the floor and walls come alive with vivid images from classic Disney animation.

Club Disney will also feature a cool seating area and snack station, where you can refuel and recharge – both yourself and your electronic devices – before heading out for more adventures in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Club Disney premieres at Sunset Showcase on December 5, 2015,

Just a diversion, nothing else. Hopefully this is actually a good thing and it will keep the DJ out from in the front of the park and contained in this location.

The new venue is setup to hold many different type of event, this is just the first of likely many different diversions to be held here before SWL opens.

Also, this theatre will likely take over as the theatre for the shows during SWW. This Flex Theatre can really transform into just about anything if you've seen the plans.

Why am I having trouble picturing this venue? What was in there before?

Why am I having trouble picturing this venue? What was in there before?
It's a completely new building and has never had anything in it before. It was built pretty quick especially by Disney building standards. It's located between Tower of Terror and Rock'n'Roller Coaster.

It's a completely new building and has never had anything in it before. It was built pretty quick especially by Disney building standards. It's located between Tower of Terror and Rock'n'Roller Coaster.

Wow. That's pretty shocking actually. Surprised they even bothered to do that considering there's quite a few spaces something like this could be moved into.

Wow. That's pretty shocking actually. Surprised they even bothered to do that considering there's quite a few spaces something like this could be moved into.

Basically Sunset is the only section of the park that will not be under constant construction for the next 5-8 years.

Not a ride, not a show but splitting families up for charging electric devices and kids being entertained by a kids disco. Advertising it as a great place to get airco. I just don't recognize Walt Disney's ideas, ideologies and forward thinking anymore in the parks. If I think of the Walt Disney Company only the Company aspect remains and it makes me sad.

This Club Disney concept is a very, VERY short term addition. Quite literally just for the holidays. Expect this to begin getting ready to use this for Season of the Force come beginning of the year. At least that's what i've been told.

I don't think it ever got reported here, but shortly after this was announced, a ticketed event called "Club Villain" was announced for every Saturday through the end of February and is completely sold out. From the looks of everything, the talent is VERY good and the food looked good as well, I just don't know if the high price Disney was asking is worth the fairly short time.

It does look high caliber as far as the cast goes though, i'll say that. This kid can really sing:

I don't think it ever got reported here, but shortly after this was announced, a ticketed event called "Club Villain" was announced for every Saturday through the end of February and is completely sold out. From the looks of everything, the talent is VERY good and the food looked good as well, I just don't know if the high price Disney was asking is worth the fairly short time.

It does look high caliber as far as the cast goes though, i'll say that. This kid can really sing:

;)

“Club Villain” Dining Event Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios in January « Orlando United

It looks like a good solid temporary show that's not worth the price they charge. With admission to the park and to this event equal to almost $200 per person or $800 for a family of 4.

It looks like a good solid temporary show that's not worth the price they charge. With admission to the park and to this event equal to almost $200 per person or $800 for a family of 4.
I'd argue that this event is aimed more at the APers at the moment, but either way, it's still overpriced. Good quality show though, yes.

WDW just announced they're again taking reservations for the Club Villain Dance Party. When it debuted in January the cost was $99.98 plus park admission. They just increased the cost to $129.98 plus park admission. A $30 increase so soon. :yikes: Talk about inflation spiraling out of control. Kind of like the collapse of the mark in Germany after WWI.:ack:

WDW just announced they're again taking reservations for the Club Villain Dance Party. When it debuted in January the cost was $99.98 plus park admission. They just increased the cost to $129.98 plus park admission. A $30 increase so soon. :yikes: Talk about inflation spiraling out of control. Kind of like the collapse of the mark in Germany after WWI.:ack:
It's not inflation as much as what people are willing to pay.

From everything i've seen, the show/dinner looks very good. I wouldn't pay $130 for it, but there certainly are people that will. Raising the price is likely just a measure to decrease demand as it was through the roof before.

It's not inflation as much as what people are willing to pay.

From everything i've seen, the show/dinner looks very good. I wouldn't pay $130 for it, but there certainly are people that will. Raising the price is likely just a measure to decrease demand as it was through the roof before.
I was just joking about the inflation. Yes, it's obviously as what you are saying.