Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Coco Coming to Philharmagic

Jan 5, 2017

Glad to see this, but the delay for MK is odd. I know MK’s theatre/screen is much larger, though, so perhaps there’s some extra animation to do to fill the whole wrap-around screen.

Glad to see this, but the delay for MK is odd. I know MK’s theatre/screen is much larger, though, so perhaps there’s some extra animation to do to fill the whole wrap-around screen.
Probably more due to marketing than anything else. Coincides with the start of the Anniversary MK/WDW.

Actual animation shouldn't change, as DCA uses the same output and squishes it to fit its puny theater. I think @Mad Dog is right on the money - they'll throw it out as a 50th Anniversary stocking stuffer.

This is wonderful. Philarmagic has needed some love for awhile. I hope they add more to it in the future. Definitely makes me want to see it again.

Also, they're saying this is the first time Disney and Pixar characters are seen on screen together? That surely can't be correct, I feel like something has to have been done like that in the past 20 years they've owned Pixar.

This is wonderful. Philarmagic has needed some love for awhile. I hope they add more to it in the future. Definitely makes me want to see it again.

Also, they're saying this is the first time Disney and Pixar characters are seen on screen together? That surely can't be correct, I feel like something has to have been done like that in the past 20 years they've owned Pixar.

Animation-wise: maybe? But it's been done before in video games.

Saw the new sequence on Saturday and it was a nice addition to the show. Noticed Donald ending scene was not in the back of the theatre as usual. Did they drop that in the update?