Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Comcast 2nd Quarter 2022

I gotta invest in Comcast lol
Or, if you have faith in the American stock market existing into your 80s, invest in an index fund with a nice average rate of return over 50 years.

Or just invest in the latest tulip fever and dip way early. Or do some arcane Black Swan, Taleb style investing that allows you to benefit handsomely from systemic volatibility.

Or, if you have faith in the American stock market existing into your 80s, invest in an index fund with a nice average rate of return over 50 years.

Or just invest in the latest tulip fever and dip way early. Or do some arcane Black Swan, Taleb style investing that allows you to benefit handsomely from systemic volatibility.
I've been in the market since the mid 70's Never panic. It always rebounds. Stand pat, be patient, and wait for circumstances to get better.

Comcast overall will have a rough time with Broadband growth slowing, but the parks did record numbers again:

Broadband slowing has the potential to be pretty existential for Comcast, since that's been the driver of their massive cash flow. If it doesn't stabilize, that may or may not put Comcast on the path of spinning off at least part of NBCU.

and...most important to us on IU... From Yahoo "Universal Orlando generated its highest adjusted EPITDA on record for any quarter".....The theme park business at Universal Orlando is damn strong. There's plenty of money to fix USF capacity issues, if there's a will from management. :grin: :)
So True. EBITDA was up a whopping 187% to 632 Million. Nice position to be in since they have committed to continued growth of the parks.

and...most important to us on IU... From Yahoo "Universal Orlando generated its highest adjusted EPITDA on record for any quarter".....The theme park business at Universal Orlando is damn strong. There's plenty of money to fix USF capacity issues, if there's a will from management. :grin: :)
More money in the EU fund

And here I thought Universal was going to have to have a carwash

Also Comcast is a great stock to buy and hold...I actually sold my DIS stock and bought more Comcast

I'll argue USH doing their highest adjusted EPITDA for their second quarter is a bigger deal. Especially given their year long closure, that with the paired fact of attendance levels back to Pre-Pandemic, everything is coming up millhouse for the LA based location.

Last edited:
I'll argue USH doing their highest adjusted EPITDA for any quarter is a bigger deal. Especially given their year long closure, that with the paired fact of attendance levels back to Pre-Pandemic, everything is coming up millhouse for the LA based location.
I believe USH's was just for their second quarter, but that's still huge. Remember how empty it was just a few months ago?

I'll argue USH doing their highest adjusted EPITDA for any quarter is a bigger deal. Especially given their year long closure, that with the paired fact of attendance levels back to Pre-Pandemic, everything is coming up millhouse for the LA based location.
Yeah, as @salismetho said, and you corrected your post, Hollywood was just a second quarter record. Not as impressive as Orlando, but impressive nonetheless.

Last edited: