Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Courthouse Square & the Backlot Tour

Mar 20, 2013
Really enjoyed the backlot tour on Monday. The Bates Motel surprise was particularly well done (excellent job by the actor portraying Norman).  In all my decades of taking the tour this was the first time they omitted Courthouse Square. Why? There was filming elsewhere and we went right by with no problem.

Just wondering.

Probably doesn't help that we lost the original King Kong which made that area an anchor for trams to drive through. I'm guessing they bypass that area when there's a hint of filming, since it's not an imperative that they go through the square.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember going on the tour recently and they spoke of some kind of recuring filming going on inside the building adjacent to what was once the Cafe 80s in Back to the Future Part II.  It was late in the day when I took the tour so they must have been done filming when we went through.