Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Create An IP-Based Event

Oct 14, 2012
Seeing as we probably won't get much original content at HHN for a while, we might as well wishfully imagine some cool IPs they could utilize in the next few years. All the scary movies on TV lately have really inspired me. So what would be your IP-based lineup for 2014?

Mine:

1. Quarantine - would honestly be such a great, intense house. So many scenes/sets in the film make it seem like a no brainer (Soundstage)

2. The Descent - the sets would be simple (a la Catacombs) but claustrophobia would play a huge part in making a house like this unique. (Sprung tent)

3. The Hills Have Eyes (remake) - the opportunity for some really creepy and detailed sets (gas station, nuclear town) and stellar makeup for mutants would make for a great house. Also a good opportunity for aggressive scares and lots of gore. (Soundstage)

4. The Shining - only because the Overlook Hotel is so iconic and associated with nightmares. I imagine this house would focus more on ghosts with only a few appearances by Jack, but so many great settings could be used. (Soundstage)

5. Black Christmas - I loved what they did with Psychoscareapy in 2007, and that macabre juxtaposition of Christmas cheer and Halloween makes for a great potential house. (Disaster)

6. Alien - again, great sets potential. And after seeing what they can do with the Americam werewolf, I'm positive a xenomorph puppet would be insanely scary. (Soundstage)

7. Suspiria - I'm not a huge fan of this film, but its use of color is astounding. Translating that into a house would be so visually impressive, and maybe even make for a cool 3-D house. (Sprung tent)

8. The Amityville Horror (original) - I have a soft spot for this movie in that for some reason it really freaked me out seeing it as a kid. I see this being largely effects-based, but also with a very dark ending. (Parade building)

Soundstage 21: American Horror Story (probably just Asylum and Coven)
Soundstage 22: The Last Of Us and Shaun of the Dead
Soundstage 24: The Shining
Tent 1: Treehouse of Horror
Tent 2: Silence of the Lambs
Disaster: Universal Monsters
Parade Building: Alien

1. Alien (Soundstage): Its ****ing Alien! In space no one can hear you scream! This could be bad ass!

2. Halloween (Disaster): How has Michael Myers not had a solo house yet?

3. House Of The Dead (Soundstage): If they decide to do another Video Game House, give me this series.

4. The Shining (Soundstage): I don't know how to make it, but I'd like to see it.

5. Hellraiser (Tent): Another Horror Icon that hasn't gotten the HHN treatment. I've never seen any of the movies, so I don't know if a tent is big enough, but for now, it's here

6. The Ring (Tent): They did a cornfield once before, I'd like to see another cornfield based house that then goes into the tent, which is the house from the movie.

7. Evil Dead (Original) (Parade): As much as I liked this year's Evil Dead House, I really would like to see the original done and see the tale Bruce Campbell made famous. Groovy!

8. Freddy vs Jason (Soundstage): I wanted to put Halloween in a Soundstage, but combining two of the greatest Horror Icons ever in a battle with us in the middle could be a great Soundstage House.

Alien (Soundstage) - I'm a sucker for space themed houses. I'm also a sucker for puppets. I think the Alien could work as a scareactor but puppets could provide a more realistic immersive feel, IMO. Either way, this is the one house I'd love to see.

The Conjuring (Soundstage) - This was one of the more uncomfortable movies I've seen in a long time. It's got creep you out moments and some jumps. I think it could translate well to HHN and wouldn't be surprised if this happens given the fact that James Wan worked with Hollywood to bring Insidious over there.

Halloween (Soundstage) - The all time classic. Enough said.

Insidious (Tent) - I've never seen these movies, but based off the reactions I've heard from people who went to Hollywood, it's current relevancy, etc. it makes some sense.

Metallica: For Whom the Bell Tolls (Tent) - Something different. I feel like this is one music IP that could work big time. Some vivid imagery paired with some awesome music and a band that is instantly recognizable.

Shaun of the Dead (Disaster) - Comedy house. Zombie house. All rolled up in one. We got a little taste of SoTD in Silver Screams in 09 but I'd love to see a full blown house for it. One of my favorite movies.

American Horror Story (Soundstage) - I don't really know much about this show, but judging by it's insane popularity it seems like a natural fit. If there's no Walking Dead next year this will probably be the TV IP to replace it.

Universal Classic Monsters in Black & White (Parade building) - Done RIGHT. I liked House of Horrors for what it was, but I want to fully dressed house with a facade and everything. I've always had this idea of a house that was truly black and white.. from the walls to the costumes. Obviously this is the house to do it for. Silver Screams esque facade with the posters lining the hallway into the first scene.

There you have it. This event would have a nice balance of everything.. the only house I'm unsure of would be American Horror Story... that's more of a prediction than something I'd want to see.

1. Hellraiser (Soundstage): After seeing the room they did for it in All Night Die-In Two, I knew this would make an excellent solo house. Terrifying characters, lots of gore, great potential for sets...could go on and on about why it needs to happen one day.

2. The Ring (Sprung Tent): Tons of potential for scares and just disturbing imagery in general.

3. The (original) Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Disaster Queue): While yes, they did do a house for TCM in 2007, and although it was good it was focused on the lackluster remake. I'd like to see A&D do their take on the classic version. If Hollywood could do it right, so can Orlando.

4. Scream (Soundstage): Again after seeing the room for it in AND-I 2 I knew it could make for a great house. Lots of potential to work in scares as well as some horror comedy elements.

5. Freddy vs. Jason (Parade Building): Although the movie was just blech this would be a creative way to bring the two back without doing the same thing all over again.

6. The Shining (Soundstage): For basically the same reasons stated here before.

7. Halloween (Soundstage): C'mon. It's Halloween. Why they haven't done a house for this in Orlando yet is just baffling.

8. Trick 'r' Treat (Sprung Tent): Another horror movie just desperate to be made into a great house. Just an all-around good concept.

And count me as one of the few here that doesn't want another Universal Monsters house. Yes, I love the classic monsters too but they have been featured in houses more times than I can count. I'd just prefer something new at this point. Same thing goes for Psycho. Absolutely adore the movie, but it has been completely done to death when it comes to houses.

Last edited:
HHN XXIV

Icon
Director

Houses
1. Halloween (Parade Building)
2. Aliens (soundstage)
3. Exorcist (Soundstage)
4. House of a 1000 Corpses (Disaster)
5. The Fly (Sprung 1)
6. Stephen Kings IT (soundstage)
7. Trick r Treat (soundstage)
8. Dracula (Sprung 2)

Scarezones
1. 28 Days Later (London)
2. Freddy vs Jason (Production Central)
3. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Battery Park)
4. Zombieland (San Francisco)
5. Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Hollywood)
6. Killer Clowns from Outer Space (New York)

Shows:
Bill and Ted
Rocky Horror
Hollywood Horror Make Up Special Halloween Addition

SS - The Shining
SS - House of a 1000 Corpses
SS - Amityville Horror (They have another one of these coming out in 2014, so this might happen)
SS - The Omen
Sprung 2 - Halloween
Disaster - Army of Darkness (I know we got a scene one year but would love to see a full house, being the gag house of the year)
PB - Silence of the Lambs
Sprung 1 - The Descent

I honesty cant think of creating an All IP based Event. I was thinking of writing down my ideas for an all Music based event but I quickly shot myself down because that wouldn't work. When I talk music, I mean specifically Heavy Metal and Rock as those are the only genres that would work. I just cant think of 8 bands that might be good enough for HHN mazes. Is there a thread where we can create an event with IP's and Originals?

You don't need to like 10 other people already did just pick one :lol:

:lol: Never thought of that. If I had to pick a IP based event for HHN it would probably be Drew's. Only thing I would change would be to put Metallica in the Parade Building, because I think it has more potential as a house. I can deal with a B&W Monster house being in a tent.

(Decided to add here instead of create a thread)

I just watched 'The World's End' and thought it would make a great theme for the London waterfront. Not a scare-zone exactly, just a pub crawl with multiple beer vendors (named after pubs in the film) offering different ales. A few of the alien 'empties' along the way to add to the theme.

Sadly, I don't think the movie is well known enough to be considered, although Universal was a producer on the film. If you enjoyed Shawn of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, this is a must see from that crew!

(Decided to add here instead of create a thread)

I just watched 'The World's End' and thought it would make a great theme for the London waterfront. Not a scare-zone exactly, just a pub crawl with multiple beer vendors (named after pubs in the film) offering different ales. A few of the alien 'empties' along the way to add to the theme.

Sadly, I don't think the movie is well known enough to be considered, although Universal was a producer on the film. If you enjoyed Shawn of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, this is a must see from that crew!
I actually really enjoyed that movie. This could be fun :)

I'm gonna revive this thread because I had some ideas last night that would make for probably the best year in horror nights history. Some are a bit weird but I think they would do wonders. Anyways enough of my ramblings here we go.

1.hellraiser- I'm in the middle of a hellraiser marathon right now and all I kept saying to myself is "wow that would be incredibly for horror nights". The cenobites, hellish atmosphere and more would make for one of the best special effects houses of all time. Iconic and scary

2.night of the living dead- with the walking dead creating a era of horror nights this would be perfect. So many iconic characters and locations it would never get old especially if they made the sets and costumes black and white. Could also follow up with dawn next year. Strange they haven't done it already since the movie is public domain

3.pans labyrinth- call it a fantasy, I call it pure eye candy. The possibilities are endless, a crouch room with the toad, pan stilt walker and who wouldn't love an encounter with the pale man? Yikes

4.killer klownz- 3D maze for the win. The spaceship would be one of the best sets in history and who would love pushing around giant cotton candy body bags? Too many gags they could pull off aswell

5.the shining- this would be a masterpiece. Too many iconic scenes and with a hedge maze finale this would rival werewolf. Also the Easter eggs could be endless, it would definitely take a lot from A&D to pull it off but I know they could do it

6.beetlejuice- let me explain, watch the movie and tell me you wouldn't want to experience this. Giant beetlejuice snake puppet, the underworld, sand snake and too many characters to count. It would be phenominal to go through a Tim burton haunted house

7.thriller- yes that thriller let me explain. All of you beg for Metallica and skipnot but the king of pop started it all with the best music video of all time. It could start with the werewolf, walk out of the movie theater, zombies everywhere then the finale when their all popping out of the floorboards ALL with thriller in the background. Landis could return too!!! Universal PLEASE

8.serpent and the rainbow- easily one of the scariest movies of all time turned into a house. It would be like blood bayou but way more graphic and trippy. Let the voodoo rain!!!

So that's my event, hope you guys add your ideas too if you haven't already

hmmm.... I am going on the assumption that we can have returning ips so here I go..

Soundstage - Alien (Just the first 2 alien films with a alien queen puppet; barrow it from Hollywood)
Soundstage - TLOU (think of having one of the best games of 2013 that's having its own film, they would be able to maybe do a partnership with sony)
Soundstage - American Horror Story - Freakshow (perfect way to cross-over with the AHS team)
Soundstage - Mummy (This could be a really messed up and scary maze with having a more original take on the classic film)
Parade - Black Sabbath (This would be a interesting 3D house and use new things)
TentI - Halloween (Sequel to the first house, have it centered around the second film)
TentII - The Strain (Once again just like FDTD, perfect way to crossover with Del Toro)
Disaster - Some Stephen King story (I have a feeling hes going to come sooner than we think)

Some great concepts guys.

Though I am not a fan of Tim Burton I do like Cole's Bettlejuice idea. The art direction for that film was fantastic (for the time) and it would be a nice change up more of a psychological thriller instead of popping up and saying boo. Bettlejuice is not exactly a good guy, but it could be like you would need to trust him to get out of the maze 'alive' kind of thing.

Also for Alixshow, what is TLOU?

Some great concepts guys.

Though I am not a fan of Tim Burton I do like Cole's Bettlejuice idea. The art direction for that film was fantastic (for the time) and it would be a nice change up more of a psychological thriller instead of popping up and saying boo. Bettlejuice is not exactly a good guy, but it could be like you would need to trust him to get out of the maze 'alive' kind of thing.

Also for Alixshow, what is TLOU?

TLOU is short for 'The Last of Us'.

Houses:
1) Scream (1996)- My absolute dream IP! Ever since 25 and the Scream problem I wanted it at the event. I want it as the original from 1996.
2) Conjuring (2013)- Focus on one movie at a time and make a great house!
3) Annabelle: Creation- Annabelle's origin story! Would make for a great house!
4) Friday the 13th- Would love to see a standalone Jason house! Don't focus on just one movie and do them all. Start with Jason's mom as the killer (first movie) and go on to Jason as the killer.
5) IT- Would love to see Pennywise in a house!
6) Last Shift- The movie was cool IMO and would make a great house!
7) Killer Klowns- They already done this house, but it was a really fun house and would love to see it back!
8) Alien- Movies had a creepy atmosphere and would make for a creepy house with cool puppets!
9) Hellraiser- Interesting movies with a dark and creepy atmosphere might make for a great surprise!
10) House of a 1000 Corpuses- Another house they did before but, it was really well done and is welcomed back!

Scarezones:
1) The Purge- Like it or not, it makes a great zone!
2) Fear Street- Feel like this would be a better zone.
3) Trick 'r Treat- This was just an amazing zone from 27 and would love to see it back!
4) Lost Boys- Would make an excellent zone!
5) Crypt TV- They did this last year but bring it back and take away the stages, so the zone is more interactive than photo op and bottlenecked to watch the show on the stages.