Crowds for Grinchmas (12/10) | Inside Universal Forums

Crowds for Grinchmas (12/10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 21, 2013
Hey Everyone! 

I'm bringing a bunch of newbies to the park this weekend for Grinchmas, but I was wondering how the crowds were last weekend and how they affected wait times! We obviously want to take some time and see the Grinch celebrations, but they will also want to do most of the attractions since this is their first time. Below is a list of what we want to accomplish:

Upper Lot:

• Waterworld (at night if we can)
  • Studio Tour (at night) 
  • Shrek
  • Despicable Me
  • Forbidden Journey
  • Simpsons
  • Walking Dead

Lower Lot: 

• Transformers
  • Mummy
  • Jurassic Park (if its open by then)

We can't get there any earlier than 12, but we can stay until around 9:30pm. Does this sound feasible? Any tips/suggestions for tackling it? Would doing Potter at night make the most sense (especially ending on the best ride there)?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use this website to look at wait times if you want to monitor them once Grinchmas starts (it isn't today) http://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/ushwaittimes/#

Crowds are going to be huge, and you will probably have to wait in a few long lines, but I would recommend doing The Forbidden Journey last. This works for me when it isn't Grinchmas. Other people will who have went to Grinchmas on these forums will probably have more info.

Reactions: Jon Fu
Interestingly enough, wait times for Forbidden Journey were unusually low last weekend at night. I'm not sure if that will sustain into next weekend, but a nighttime ride near park closing might be your best bet.

If you could dump anything on your list at night to save time for Grinchmas, it'd be the Nighttime Studio Tour. If it has a low wait time during the day, take it and save time for Forbidden Journey and WaterWorld. The rest can be done whenever without affecting show quality.

Reactions: Dylan Beck