What Games Are You Playing? | Page 73 | Inside Universal Forums

What Games Are You Playing?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Once again I have played ANOTHER Resident Evil game: Resident Evil 1 Remake. It seems this maybe the year where I’m on the journey to play Resident Evil games to keep me entertained. Man am I loving it.

I’ve already beaten Jill’s story, and now working on doing Chris‘s story. This my first Resident Evil game I played with fixed camera angles. I think out of all the 3 RE games I played (RE2 Remake, RE4, REmake) This is absolutely the best one. Pure survival horror at it’s best. Fixed camera angles and the door loading screen give me this scary tension of wondering what’s on the other side. The enemies are by far the SCARIEST I’ve ever encountered. The crimson heads always get me and Lisa Trevor creeps me out the most. The puzzles are very challenging at times which I really like. I love the atmosphere in the game, it’s what really makes it scary at times with the thunder and the sound designs from windows breaking and creature noises. Anyways, best RE game I’ve played so far.

I have yet to play:
- RE0
- RE: Code Veronica
- RE7: Biohazard
- RE3: Nemesis
- RE2 Original

Reactions: HalfGlass
I surprised myself playing The Evil Within 2 and actually liked it. I'm not much of survival game but this was fun.
Now I finished The Last of Us 2. I didn't had the game spoil for me and I enjoyed it although story wise I didn't like every decision. The gameplay and world building was next level.
I'm looking forward to Ghost of Tsushima in two weeks.

Been playing a lot of new games recently:

- Uncharted 1-3: Man what a game this is. Nathan Drake is such an awesome character. I really wish I had Uncharted 4, which I missed out on as a free PS Plus game. I really enjoyed the characters the story, and some of the platform jumping.
However I won’t lie, shooting enemies does get a bit repetitive at times, but overall, it’s a great game series.

- Smash Ultimate: My sister got a switch and decided to try out Smash for the first time. It’s a really fun game to play with your family and friends. Unlocking characters is really satisfying and I really enjoy the spirit unlockables. I can’t wait to see who the next fighter packs are gonna be.

- Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3: The controls are a bit of a mess, but this was such an amazing game. I played those 2 on the PS Vita which unfortunately didn’t include peace walker. Stealth in this game is really fun and makes you strategize when to move, and to take out the enemy. So far, Snake eater is better than Sons Of Liberty. I really liked the gameplay mechanics, story and boss fights, but I really dislike the clunky controls of this game. MGS2 controls feel a lot smoother, but I was hoping I would be playing as Solid Snake for the whole time. I thought Raiden was a decent character in my opinion (Metal Gear Rising might change that based on some gameplay I saw). Boss fights were difficult but fun, and the story was pretty good, but not as good as 3. Hopefully I can get the chance to play MGS1 but I don’t have a PS1 so theres no other way to play it (All I have is a PS4). Awesome game, looking to try MGS1, MGS4 & MGS5.

Reactions: HalfGlass and tielo
Just finished a second play-through of Carrion. The game is a lot of fun with smooth controls that feel really natural to being a mass of teeth and tentacles. I saw the entire A&D team raving about how they want to play it, and I can definitely see how they would lift the concept and some design elements for a house.

Fall Guys is pretty good. Played the beta last month and thought it wouldn’t do well. I was proven wrong and I can see this being the next rocket league.

Reactions: Skold
Anyone play Greedfall? Got it for 12 bucks at Gamefly and well worth it, it reminds me of Dragon age and other early 360/PS3 RPGs.

Also Will be playing Fortnite alot now that its going to be a Marvel themed event starting at midnight.

Got a PS1 emulator installed, and now I can have access to a ton of PS1 games. Just played MGS1, and I thought it was great. Yes the graphics are outdated and some of its gameplay, but the storyline, plot twists, boss battles, and the color palette for the visuals are amazing for a PS1 game. I can see why this game was such a huge deal back then. I’d love to see this get remade in Fox Engine like MGSV, but that is if Konami is willing to do it. I’ve completed every MGS except for the MSX games, but I don’t if I want to try it, as I tried Metal Gear and thought it felt unplayable. I have not played Metal Gear 2 though.

Anyways, right now I’m currently playing Final Fantasy VII original, to understand everything before I try the remake. It got off to a slow start for me, but it’s getting better and better for me. I’m really enjoying the journey of where the story is taking me so far, so I’m looking forward to what’s

I also tried out Silent Hill for the first time, and man it’s quite creepy and scary. The tilted camera angle is so well-done and I love the idea of using a radio to listen if enemies are near-by and the sound design really helps with an eerie psychological horror feeling, and I like.

Lastly, I tried out Tekken 3 to relive my childhood, as it was the first fighting game I ever played as a kid, so got to enjoy some nostalgia.

That’s all I played so far. Any of you guys got other PS1 games I should try out?

This is free with PS Plus currently, correct? How is it?
Fall Guys is pretty good. Played the beta last month and thought it wouldn’t do well. I was proven wrong and I can see this being the next rocket league.
I got Fall Guys on PC. It's a fun game to play with friends. It's a collection of minigames where people can grab you or just momentum can cause you to go rolling on the floor. It's chaotic fun like being on a game show.

It's ridiculously fun, given that's it's just a bunch of mini-games. Kinda like Mario Party but with an online, 60-person, battle royal :D

Anybody into Star Wars Squadrons? It's a fun rush hopping into a cockpit and flying around into all the ships. It's a straight shot of Star Wars goodness.

Anybody into Star Wars Squadrons? It's a fun rush hopping into a cockpit and flying around into all the ships. It's a straight shot of Star Wars goodness.
I might buy it, but is it fun after a couple of hours? Does it have enough depth to keep playing with only 4 ships? I might buy it for the story but the multiplayer is something I'm also really interested in.

I've been playing Alien: Isolation for a bit now. I never got around to playing it when it came out and with it being available on Game Pass. It's a pretty good survival horror game, so it also makes for a good seasonal game for the Halloween season.

I've been in a bit of a video game rut recently, kinda just waiting around for Shadowlands to drop. I've been playiing some Civ6 and Stellaris recently though to pass the time.
Same

For me its just seeing how fast and better games running on next gen. Its like I can unsee it and my mind wants that before I start anything else. Still playing apex and Fortnite almost daily but no new games. Star Wars Squardrains looks fun but I think it will be 25-30 bucks by Black Friday. So I can wait for that, also a little worried since they have no plans for DLC or new maps on that game so seems like it will die pretty quick without updates.

I might buy it, but is it fun after a couple of hours? Does it have enough depth to keep playing with only 4 ships? I might buy it for the story but the multiplayer is something I'm also really interested in.
I have a competitive edge to me when I play any games, so for me it's really scratching the itch. The gameplay is simple enough but there's enough nuances to create skill within its sandbox of play for me so far. New Republic and Empire ships also handle distinctly and NR have shields where the Empire does not (save for its support ship), so you can adjust energy going to shields, laser, or engines on the fly.

From what I heard, the story mode while fun is just an extended tutorial for the online multiplayer modes. I'm not sure how long I'll last playing the game, but given I have 0 friends playing it with me, I'm having more fun than I was expecting going in solo.

Star Wars Squardrains looks fun but I think it will be 25-30 bucks by Black Friday. So I can wait for that, also a little worried since they have no plans for DLC or new maps on that game so seems like it will die pretty quick without updates.

Epic Games has Star Wars: Squadrons (PC Digital Download) on sale for $39.99 - Extra $10 Off Epic Coupon when you add Rocket League to your Games Library [Details] = $29.99. Why wait for Black Friday? :cheers:

I have a competitive edge to me when I play any games, so for me it's really scratching the itch. The gameplay is simple enough but there's enough nuances to create skill within its sandbox of play for me so far. New Republic and Empire ships also handle distinctly and NR have shields where the Empire does not (save for its support ship), so you can adjust energy going to shields, laser, or engines on the fly.

From what I heard, the story mode while fun is just an extended tutorial for the online multiplayer modes. I'm not sure how long I'll last playing the game, but given I have 0 friends playing it with me, I'm having more fun than I was expecting going in solo.

Epic Games has Star Wars: Squadrons (PC Digital Download) on sale for $39.99 - Extra $10 Off Epic Coupon when you add Rocket League to your Games Library [Details] = $29.99. Why wait for Black Friday? :cheers:
Thanks but I don't really have a gaming PC, waiting to play it on Next Gen (half the load times and sure it will look and even sound better with my new 4D headphones)

Reactions: MrBlonde
Playing RE3 original for the first time to kickstart my Halloween gaming. All I can say is the moment I walked out of the room, and Nemesis ran up behind me so fast, I had a MASSIVE heart attack. To make it even terrifying, the save rooms don’t feel safe because his music still plays and you never know if he’ll break in the room or not. So far I’m enjoying this WAY more than Code Veronica, which I gave up on because the enemies are so ridiculously annoying.