Dark Universe (Epic Universe) | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Dark Universe (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What kind of ride system is Monster's Unchained? That looks super cool.

As others have mentioned, it's a Kuka arm darkride. Though this one will definitely play out differently than FJ as there's no turntable projection dome screens on this one. And the cars are going to be much more open as there's nothing above your head/blinders on the side to force you to look forward, so you'll be able to look around all over throughout the ride.

I do have to say, I'm a little worried about the longevity of that (stellar looking) Wolfman animatronic. Kuka rides basically require constant motion loops, and that looks like a lot of stress for any figure. I want to believe they've figured out a way to keep him running smoothly for many years... but I've also seen what's happened to the Forbidden Journey dragon and Imhotep 1.

I do have to say, I'm a little worried about the longevity of that (stellar looking) Wolfman animatronic. Kuka rides basically require constant motion loops, and that looks like a lot of stress for any figure. I want to believe they've figured out a way to keep him running smoothly for many years... but I've also seen what's happened to the Forbidden Journey dragon and Imhotep 1.
As excited as I am for Monsters Unchained, that is my primary concern as well.

As excited as I am for Monsters Unchained, that is my primary concern as well.

disco wolfman :confused:

They’d never do this, but I’d love if this land is open until 11:00 each day if the park closes at say, 9:00. Open 2 hours later too in the morning if you need to for staffing since you’re keeping it open later. This land is just simply going to be better later. Specifically dusk and night time.

Hagrid and the Skrewt are still holding in there right? I haven;t heard of any down time and those trains are generally dispatched rather often. This leads me to wonder, how many ride vehicles will this one have. I know potter has a good bit. I wonder if this ride is longer which would allow more spread out vehicles? AM I guessing that correctly?

I have to believe they've got a plan for this figure (and the -- hopefully -- many others in the ride) beyond just hoping it never breaks.

Open 2 hours later too in the morning if you need to for staffing since you’re keeping it open later.
I don't approve of this! My whole park touring strategy is going to be banking on doing the land early in the morning (while most guests are, probably, in the two lands closest to the entrance), then circling back around to take in the nighttime ambiance!

Hagrid and the Skrewt are still holding in there right? I haven;t heard of any down time and those trains are generally dispatched rather often. This leads me to wonder, how many ride vehicles will this one have. I know potter has a good bit. I wonder if this ride is longer which would allow more spread out vehicles? AM I guessing that correctly?

Skrewt’s fog farting functionality almost never works, so not sure that’s the best example. Neither of those figures have the ferocity of movement that this Wolfman animatronic appears to offer.

Not trying to doom and gloom! I just really hope they have a strong preventative maintenance plan in place.

I have to believe they've got a plan for this figure (and the -- hopefully -- many others in the ride) beyond just hoping it never breaks.

I don't approve of this! My whole park touring strategy is going to be banking on doing the land early in the morning (while most guests are, probably, in the two lands closest to the entrance), then circling back around to take in the nighttime ambiance!
But imagine all the guests in lines for other things at 10:00 am, and you can queue before it opens to ensure you’re spot! Or just go here at 7:00 and hang for 4 hours.

As others have mentioned, it's a Kuka arm darkride. Though this one will definitely play out differently than FJ as there's no turntable projection dome screens on this one. And the cars are going to be much more open as there's nothing above your head/blinders on the side to force you to look forward, so you'll be able to look around all over throughout the ride.
How do you know that there’s no turntable projection dome screens? If not what will the experience be like instead?

Skrewt’s fog farting functionality almost never works, so not sure that’s the best example. Neither of those figures have the ferocity of movement that this Wolfman animatronic appears to offer.

Not trying to doom and gloom! I just really hope they have a strong preventative maintenance plan in place.
I'm more worried about the *other* figures lol

technically everything im seeing is too dark and too scary, i can already hear families complaining about this area, i can already imagine the angry tweets, i can already see some of the backlash of this ride
They should be more concerned with designing a creature influenced by a horrific racist.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
They should be more concerned with designing a creature influenced by a horrific racist.
Jack Mccoy What GIF by Law & Order