Deadpool & Wolverine (2024) | Inside Universal Forums

Deadpool & Wolverine (2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Plans are moving forward for Ryan Reynolds to don the red/black spandex assassin/killer superhero, Deadpool--in Marvel Studio's first crack at the Merc with the Mouth: Deadpool 3. And they have brought on for the script with the Molyneux Sisters.

Deadline is reporting that the film is expected to be rated R. This will mark Marvel Studio's first rated R film, and the first superhero film to be in the rated R window for TWDC.

Glad the movie is going forward and will be Rated R as it should be. I was worried Disney would force it to be PG-13.

Glad the movie is going forward and will be Rated R as it should be. I was worried Disney would force it to be PG-13.

If I'm not mistaken, things kind of had a bit of tension between Ryan and some of the executives at TWDC over the subject. It's definitely an interesting proposition. One that, when combining Blade and Moon Knight..kind of opens a door for Marvel Studios to go into much more darker stories than they often would.

I'm hoping it's a start. It'd definitely be interesting to see how Deadpool's adult nature clashes with Marvel Studios--especially if they explain him appearing in the MCU is because of a screw-up in MoM. Part of me kind of wishes they tackle that, especially if they're gonna have Ryan play ball with the MCU; they're gonna have to explain when he's not in solo film territory.

I'm surprised that the writers of the first 2 movies aren't involved. They really defined what the tone of Deadpool was in film form. I wonder if they chaffed too hard underneath the new management.

I'm surprised that the writers of the first 2 movies aren't involved. They really defined what the tone of Deadpool was in film form. I wonder if they chaffed too hard underneath the new management.
It was reported that Ryan Reynolds basically picked the Molyneux Sisters, so I feel fine about the change in writers if Reynolds was ok with it.

Supposedly Charlie Cox has been in talks with Marvel lately so anything is possible...
Seriously, all I want is just a non canon one off of an evening with Wade, Matt, and Frank Castle. It starts in Wade's living room with Matt trying to explain the legal intricacies of beheading people. Wade brings out the Patron. Hijinx ensue.

Reactions: amar831
So, to bring up the news.

• Ryan Reynolds is overseeing the script (with production not expected to begin this year)
  • The film will be set in the MCU, bucking the potential speculation that it may be separated
  • will be R-rated.

So, to bring up the news.

• Ryan Reynolds is overseeing the script (with production not expected to begin this year)
  • The film will be set in the MCU, bucking the potential speculation that it may be separated
  • will be R-rated.
While it will be set in the MCU, I imagine Deadpool 3 will probably be more like an Ant-Man or Spider-Man movie where it's a bit separated and it's own thing, yet still connected and will tie together in the long run.

I still kind of think putting Deadpool into the MCU is a bit of a mistake.

Once you have a character who breaks the fourth wall in such a pervasive way, I don't know how we can buy into any dramatic or emotional stakes in the MCU anymore. It's why I similarly don't think She-Hulk should do it on her show.

The only workaround I could imagine would be that, if Deadpool appears in non-DEADPOOL films, other characters react to him as if he's mentally ill/schizophrenic, constantly talking to be people that aren't there (i.e. the DEADPOOL movies are from his perspective, so when he breaks the fourth wall, he's talking to us, the audience, but in other movies, he's giving random asides to nobody, and not directly to camera).

Reactions: MrBlonde
I still kind of think putting Deadpool into the MCU is a bit of a mistake.

Once you have a character who breaks the fourth wall in such a pervasive way, I don't know how we can buy into any dramatic or emotional stakes in the MCU anymore. It's why I similarly don't think She-Hulk should do it on her show.

The only workaround I could imagine would be that, if Deadpool appears in non-DEADPOOL films, other characters react to him as if he's mentally ill/schizophrenic, constantly talking to be people that aren't there (i.e. the DEADPOOL movies are from his perspective, so when he breaks the fourth wall, he's talking to us, the audience, but in other movies, he's giving random asides to nobody, and not directly to camera).
I'll continue to trust Feige as long as the end product stays strong. But man if he doesn't have a ton on his plate right now between the stacked movie schedule and the Disney+ shows (which is also a stacked schedule).

I’m not sure how I feel about Deadpool being in the MCU but they’ve killed it so far so why should this be any different.

As for the R rating, it kind of needs to be to be in tune with the other films. It’s also a good way to test the waters for other films. Blade and Punisher (if it happens) need to be R as well to really deliver. Deadpool has a built in audience but if it continues to be a success, this opens up a whole new path for other movies.

As for the R rating, it kind of needs to be to be in tune with the other films. It’s also a good way to test the waters for other films. Blade and Punisher (if it happens) need to be R as well to really deliver. Deadpool has a built in audience but if it continues to be a success, this opens up a whole new path for other movies.
I was thinking this exact thing. With Deadpool getting the R-rating, it gives me a lot of hope that maybe Blade and Moon Knight could go R as well. Both really need it to do the characters justice.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Punisher would be cool to show up in Dead Pool, it could also be a way to see if that character is big enough to come back to the big screen.

Glad they are going to make at last one Rated R marvel film.....also please please please let Hugh Jackmen get involved

I wonder if they'll throw the 20th Century Studios branding on it to distance it from the Disney brand. I know that was speculated a while back.

I wonder if they'll throw the 20th Century Studios branding on it to distance it from the Disney brand. I know that was speculated a while back.
Disney is soooo weird about this

This is why we have Rantings. The fact Disney is fine that have films where a character kills a bunch of kids or about wars but Deadpool is not for toddlers....what parents care any more? Kids use the internet and deadpool is tame to what kids see on there.

I know soooooo many kids who saw Deadpoop 1/2. I think Disney brining in the Fox logo will make sure Ryan makes fun of Disney even more...in fact I bet the movie has 3-5 big Disney jokes in it

What an extremely smart and funny way to promote Free Guy. I really hope people at least give that movie a chance because I feel like the movie looks really good and Disney has held off on it when they could've just stuck it into theaters to die last year and then let it live on demand and on streaming. The fact that they haven't tells me that Disney has some faith in that movie (i've heard they were hoping it was going to a franchise starter before crap hit the fan).

Reactions: HalfGlass