December in the parks | Inside Universal Forums

December in the parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 27, 2011
Hi all we are planning a trip to Orlando on the 1st week in December. Just wondering your thoughts on the parks at this time, will it be busy? What is the weather like (on average)? Will most of the rides be open? Bringing my 2 year old over from Ireland so hoping for a good time

Hi all we are planning a trip to Orlando on the 1st week in December. Just wondering your thoughts on the parks at this time, will it be busy? What is the weather like (on average)? Will most of the rides be open? Bringing my 2 year old over from Ireland so hoping for a good time

You are going at the best time of the year, there will very few people, the weather is near perfect, and all the Christmas decorations are up.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Early December is pretty slow so that's nice.

If it's your first trip I wouldnt pay for any of the holiday upcharge events or parties - just do what's included in admission.

I went the first week in December last year and the weather was gorgeous. It's downright criminal that Orlando enjoys weather like that when up North we are entering a freeze. Regardless, I believe it was in the high 70s and sunny, getting a bit cooler in the evenings. Not too crowded.

The majority of the attractions should be open. It's possible something may close in preparation for the influx of Christmas/NYE traffic, but I would not hesitate to say there will be enough rides open to stay busy and entertained. I would just monitor the ride closures on the calendars so that you are aware in advance.