Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Destination D 2018

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Compiling all of the news from today's event..

• Mickey's Soundsational returns to Disneyland in January
  • Mickey's Mix Magic confirmed, new Projection/firework show for Disneyland in January
  • Wonderful World of Animation coming to DHS, May 2019
  • Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway delayed for DHS to Fall 2019
  • Ratatouille to be called Remy's Ratatouille Adventure
  • O' Canada to receive new film
  • Impressions de France to rotate with a Beauty & The Beast Singalong show
  • Illuminations Replacement will focus on various musical elements from across the world, features floating set pieces, LED panels, music, lasers, and fireworks. IP to be represented, Moana, Coco, Mulan shown in the concept
  • Illuminations Replacement to be titled Worldwide Celebration of Disney Music
  • Epcot Forever will run on World Showcase Lagoon for limited time before Worldwide Celebration of Disney Music's launch
  • The first look of the gondola was revealed
  • Name of River Country hotel to be Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Lodge (not kidding)
  • Star Wars Hotel confirmed to not open alongside Galaxy's Edge
  • John Williams once again confirmed to be doing original music for Galaxy's Edge
  • Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run to be official name for Falcon, Three Roles
  • Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to be official name for Battle Escape. Guests are held prisoner's of the First Order, and face Kylo Ren
  • LARPing aspects are Opt-In, and enabled with Disney Play.

*To be updated*

Last edited:
wdww923409283420349823fi.jpg

Concept art for that Wonderful World of Animation show.

Worldwide Celebration of Disney Music

Could the have come up with a longer title for this show? Guess we'll be calling it WCDM for short. Really rolls of the tongue, huh?

I'm going to come out and say it: to suggest that the music of Disney movies is any indication of "world wide music" is insulting and myopic. I'm not inherently against IP in Epcot, it's been done or decades, but to pretend other cultures exist outside of Disney is borderline xenophobic. If everything is viewed through a Disney (read: white, neo-liberal, rich) perspective then why have CMs from their country there or any authentic food? Just put in CPs and put in a PF Changs in China.

Epcot Forever concept art.

DsNjNQvXgAEIb5z.jpg
This literally tells me nothing about the show haha

I'm going to come out and say it: to suggest that the music of Disney movies is any indication of "world wide music" is insulting and myopic. I'm not inherently against IP in Epcot, it's been done or decades, but to pretend other cultures exist outside of Disney is borderline xenophobic. If everything is viewed through a Disney (read: white, neo-liberal, rich) perspective then why have CMs from their country there or any authentic food? Just put in CPs and put in a PF Changs in China.
It's no surprise really...I believe they are moving towards making World Showcase a caricature of culture....But, strangely, I feel that's what the GP wants and expects

I do miss the days that Disney had the guts to give us what we didn't expect though

I'm a bit surprised they didn't give a name for the Space Restaurant since that will likely open at some point next year, too.