Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Diagon Alley USH

Jan 10, 2013
No man's land: SoCal
Since there has been a lot of discussion regarding the strong possibility of it coming (and confirmation by some reputable sources), I figured I'd start a thread.

Most presemptously, its going in the lower lot. Disney and More said that work has already begun on Hogwarts Express by moving parts of the mountain to make way for it. That may explain the work being done below the escolator. What are your thoughts?

As I've said..Its going to be interesting of developments for the next year and a half. I wouldn't be suprised if the Starway work has been for it, and it'll be interesting.

All I can say is this....If you think the public Evolution Plan looked pretty bold or seemed like an awesome 'n big undertaking, it's just a tiny sliver of what Universal now has planned for USH. Very exciting years coming up. I think that the excitement of a new big project won't end for quite a while.

All I can say is this....If you think the public Evolution Plan looked pretty bold or seemed like an awesome 'n big undertaking, it's just a tiny sliver of what Universal now has planned for USH. Very exciting years coming up. I think that the excitement of a new big project won't end for quite a while.
Especially with the rumored demolition of the CSI soundstages! Would actually make the Lower Lot travel time worth it if they expanded back there!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still trying to imagine how Diagon Alley would be placed if it were going in the Lower-Lot. The CSI soundstages alone aren't enough and the only other location would be the removal of the Mummy and the soundstages behind it. But that would break theme the second you step on the StarWay since you'll be able to look over the London embarkment into the Land.

Last edited by a moderator:
This strangely seems more and more likely by the day. USH will also seemingly get a longer Hogwarts Express experience. I wonder how they'll deal with the obvious elevation changes. Diagon will HAVE to be a tad smaller than the Orlando version, since Gringotts has to come. Which will be weird, placed almost right next to Transformers. This is, of course, if all the rumors are true. (probably)

Whatever. I hope Universal uses the time building it to gut Mummy and install a Nintendo attraction. That'd be sweet.

This strangely seems more and more likely by the day. USH will also seemingly get a longer Hogwarts Express experience. I wonder how they'll deal with the obvious elevation changes. Diagon will HAVE to be a tad smaller than the Orlando version, since Gringotts has to come. Which will be weird, placed almost right next to Transformers. This is, of course, if all the rumors are true. (probably)

Whatever. I hope Universal uses the time building it to gut Mummy and install a Nintendo attraction. That'd be sweet.
I've been thinking that also..I'd just wonder what they'd have to cut in Diagon to make it work or if these Demolishments are just the beginning..

I don't know that they'd have to make huge adjustments to the size of the land. Back when WWoHP Phase 1 was announced, it was speculated that we would get a couple of shops in addition to the main attraction (FJ), yet here we are today with the entirety of Hogsmeade in addition to two attractions. If/when Diagon comes, I'd imagine they'll make similar, if not bigger, sacrifices that they made when constructing Hogsmeade.

Well, Lower Lot and Falls Lake are two separate areas. I'm not saying a definite no to Falls Lake, but that would really tick off the neighbors on the hill. The sound would not please them in any way. Also, if you don't want to take HE then you would have to walk to Diagon that would make for a very long trek. Plus you'd have to avoid the trams exiting F&F. I believe it to be the Lower Lot.

With the possibility of HE making a longer experience (Unless they can speed up the Train down the long way of the hill), could they add an extra scene to differ from Orlandos?

I have to admit I find it pretty easy to envision them building the Hogsmead Station exactly where the tram loading area now sits, and then have the Hogwarts Express take the same route the tram now takes down the hill. The grade isn't steep enough to bother the people in the tram. I doubt it would bother people on the HE.

Of course that would mean moving the tram loading area to the lower lot... which I could also see.

I don't know that they'd even have to extend the Hogwarts Express experience. Correct me if I'm wrong, but after comparing the distance between the Upper and Lower Lots to USF and IOA, it seems that it'd actually be a shorter trip in the former (even with the incline/decline in mind). If the train slowed down a bit while going up/down the hill, it'd probably end up being about just as long as the ride duration in Florida.