Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dinosaur Meet-and-Greet/Raptor Encounter

Jan 11, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Since Universal conducted auditions in early June for "creature suit performers" and "dinosaur handlers," is there any news or rumors when this experience will appear in the park? It would seem like a missed opportunity if they didn't have it up and running for the July 4th weekend when the park will be crowded. Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing this whenever it shows up.

I'm wondering if there will be a Jurassic World HHN maze.  It doesn't make sense, its just a thought.

There have been zero signs of this coming attraction.  It could pop up anytime.

It could of been due to something delayed due to different construction teams for sets.  I do think its coming, just not now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering if there will be a Jurassic World HHN maze.  It doesn't make sense, its just a thought.

There have been zero signs of this coming attraction.  It could pop up anytime.
Didn't Murdy deny a Jurassic World HHN attraction?

Also since the auditions for the meet and greet there have been no other signs or hints about it.

As I mentioned in the JP thread... the Raptor is apparently being tested today.. So hopefully pics will become available soon if it is out. Definitely a smart move to have it ready for the busy 4th of july weekend...

Heres an idea...what if the Raptor M&G was where the decals are? I believe this was suggested once but if it wasn't. It would work for that small bit.

Got an update from my friend... he didn't get to see said new Raptor in action, but others he works with said it was indeed out & about today.. As for the "where"... he said they have crates set up over by the JPRA splashdown... Between the Spinosaur & snack stand, but closer to the snack stand. I doubt he'll be able to get a pic on his way out tonight of the area (I'll ask ...yes yes I know, should've had him do it earlier).. but yea the raptor should be seen over in that general area.. No word on if it is "free-roaming" or in a vehicle like Singapore.

If anyone is planning on going to check out the raptor this weekend, I'd suggest going to the park earlier rather than later. I'm sure once they get a routine down, the raptor will be out later just like the Transformers...

and unfortunately, the smoking area still exists over by the spinosaur <_<

From what it seems due to IUs twitter post, it is going by the starway.

CI8-y6jUEAAM-JO.jpg

And, it appears to be the Orlando version.

^Hah... I was just going to post that! :lol:   This is why I question things my friend tells me sometimes. He obviously didn't look over near there, but I guess in his defense he didn't have a lot of time on his break... eh.. I guess I won't sacrifice him yet..

I had initially thought the new scenic was for the Raptor Encounter when I saw IU post a pic on FB... I just could not for the life of me figure out where it was located. Under the starway was one of my guesses, but I wasn't sure. Despite it being rather simple, I really like it! However, oh please oh please let our Raptor NOT be as derpy looking as the Orlando Raptor does lol

I'm definitely holding off going to the park until later this month, but I can't wait to see pics/video of our Raptor..

I didn't see any raptor today but an employee told me that, although nothing is 'official,' that the raptor experience would go just left of the snack stand near splashdown.  There were more speakers in the trees than I remember as well as barricades and set dressings, so it seems likely.  I think getting a photo of ones self with both a raptor and boat splashing down would be pretty awesome.

Raptor_070215_1.jpg
Raptor_070215_2.jpg

Not surprising to me considering lack of space, I expect a more permanent setup down the line, like the TF M&G. My biggest worry was they weren't going to try and hid the puppeteer like the Raptor over in Animal Kingdom, nicely done! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm happy they got a way to hide the legs of the puppeteer also. Props for the groups that made that work; considering the circumstances.

You had to say that, funny thing. In Orlando, one of the raptors gets pissed off by a sports team..I believe Baltimore but I could be wrong but the person would have to wear something to that team to be pissing off the raptor so..hey, it could be an Dodgers/angels dilemma for the raptors.