Disney After Hours BOO Bash | Inside Universal Forums

Disney After Hours BOO Bash

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 31, 2013
So “Boo Bash” After Hours event will take the place of MNSSHP this year with cavalcades and limited show pieces. Will still have treats, but guessing no fireworks or full on parade.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the Villains After Hours and this sounds similar (with the addition of trick or treating) so I’m looking forward to it!

I am surprised they've already taken fireworks off the table.
I think their accountants are probably looking at how much money they are saving by not running fireworks and that's a motivating factor behind it all.

Also, WDW still can't perfectly predict exactly where we will be vaccination-wise at that time, so maybe fireworks get added to this thing later on?

Reactions: shiekra38
I think their accountants are probably looking at how much money they are saving by not running fireworks and that's a motivating factor behind it all.

It's possible, but that's a terrible reason! WDW is supposed to be a world-class resort, and for all of its 50 years, firework spectaculars have been part of it. Most guests expect a show to cap off the day, and while COVID understandably threw a wrench into that for a while, management won't be able to keep using that as an excuse forever.

It's possible, but that's a terrible reason! WDW is supposed to be a world-class resort, and for all of its 50 years, firework spectaculars have been part of it. Most guests expect a show to cap off the day, and while COVID understandably threw a wrench into that for a while, management won't be able to keep using that as an excuse forever.

Have the fireworks always been a part of the After Hours offerings? I thought they were just included in your daytime ticket.

So “Boo Bash” After Hours event will take the place of MNSSHP this year with cavalcades and limited show pieces. Will still have treats, but guessing no fireworks or full on parade.

Biggest change to the non-super fans is probably the cut in hours. Event went from 7 - 12 (with access to ticket-holders starting at 4) to 9 - 12 (with ticket-holders not getting access until 7). What was once an attractive substitute for a day in the park has been reduced to a couple hours of distanced meet & greets and candy lines with the same crowd numbers you'd see during the day, assuming capacity is not increased between now and August.

Have the fireworks always been a part of the After Hours offerings? I thought they were just included in your daytime ticket.

For years, they were not necessarily part of a day ticket. The after-hours holiday parties started some time after the time daily fireworks shows became an expected thing, and unique fireworks have always been a major selling point (as well as a unique choreographed parade, also cut this year).

I was talking about fireworks in general, not specifically as they relate to after hours events.

My assumption, though, is that if they're not currently planning to include fireworks as part of the special event, they're also probably not (as of yet) planning on bringing them back for the end of the regular day, either.

But it is possible they're just hedging their bets and will announce something deeper into the summer.

For years, they were not necessarily part of a day ticket. The after-hours holiday parties started some time after the time daily fireworks shows became an expected thing, and unique fireworks have always been a major selling point (as well as a unique choreographed parade, also cut this year).

But this isn’t one of the holiday parties, this is just another version of the After Hours events which (iirc) didn’t use unique fireworks or unique choreographed parades as selling points...or am I missing something??

I was talking about fireworks in general, not specifically as they relate to after hours events.

My assumption, though, is that if they're not currently planning to include fireworks as part of the special event, they're also probably not (as of yet) planning on bringing them back for the end of the regular day, either.

But it is possible they're just hedging their bets and will announce something deeper into the summer.

I’m sure we’ll see the return of fireworks eventually, it just seems to me that they’re moving a lot slower with reopening certain things than the other parks are.

Wow-- I'll be curious to see pricing for this since it's only 3 hours. I'd assume it will be significantly less that MNSSHP, but who knows. It is Disney and I'm sure they will charge a fortune for people to stay 3 extra hours just like the old after hours events that weren't the Halloween and Christmas parties. It just seems like a shorter event with no signature stage show, fireworks, or parade really wouldn't be worth it if the price is comparable to the MNSSHP tickets.

Reactions: SeventyOne
For things like MNSSHP or MVMCP, yes. But for events under the “Disney After Hours” title like this is, fireworks have never included.

I’m not saying it’s a good reason, just a possible reason. Doesn’t mean it’s good.

Reactions: Clive and Legacy
But this isn’t one of the holiday parties, this is just another version of the After Hours events which (iirc) didn’t use unique fireworks or unique choreographed parades as selling points...or am I missing something??

To echo, @GAcoaster , until we see a price, I don't think we can really say whether this is an E-ticket night with candy or a short MNSSHP without any of the entertainment. My bias has me expecting them to go near full price, but I'd be excited to be proven wrong.

To echo, @GAcoaster , until we see a price, I don't think we can really say whether this is an E-ticket night with candy or a short MNSSHP without any of the entertainment. My bias has me expecting them to go near full price, but I'd be excited to be proven wrong.
They were charging something like $120 for the E-Ticket-like After Hours events before, I don't see why they would change strategy too much for this.

• Wow

I think I’m just confused cause while we’re not seeing that reaction here, I’ve seen a lot of people really OTT upset over this when it doesn’t look like it’s supposed to replace MNSSHP (at least, as of now), it’s just looks to me like an offering that sounds (IMO) like Villains After Hours with candy?? Google tells me the Villains offering was $145 + tax, so, we’ll see if it stays in that neighborhood.

Idk I’m probably biased because I thought the Villains After Hours wasn’t bad, so I’m keeping an open mind with this one.

do folks think they will really limit attendance I mean lower than a party night? With AP's not around, might be worth it for a night in the MK (dependent on price). Years back when we used to visit WDW, the parties seemed to make the rides queues bearable as most guest where meeting rare characters/parades -- but if it the same size crowd w/o parades and meet and greets, well lines for rides would be long -- we saw them building the mine train but we've never ridding it ;-)

I think I’m just confused cause while we’re not seeing that reaction here, I’ve seen a lot of people really OTT upset over this when it doesn’t look like it’s supposed to replace MNSSHP (at least, as of now), it’s just looks to me like an offering that sounds (IMO) like Villains After Hours with candy?? Google tells me the Villains offering was $145 + tax, so, we’ll see if it stays in that neighborhood.

Idk I’m probably biased because I thought the Villains After Hours wasn’t bad, so I’m keeping an open mind with this one.
Part of the appeal of the Villains After Hours or really any of the After Hours events though was that they were limiting attendance so you could basically do anything in the park with 5 minute waits or so.

I’ve seen a lot of people really OTT upset over this when it doesn’t look like it’s supposed to replace MNSSHP (at least, as of now)

Admittedly, I haven't ready any of the primary sources, but most outlets are definitely reporting on this as the "replacement" for MNSSHP this year.

Part of the appeal of the Villains After Hours or really any of the After Hours events though was that they were limiting attendance so you could basically do anything in the park with 5 minute waits or so.

I know, I’ve attended in the past, they’re limiting attendance for this one, too.

Admittedly, I haven't ready any of the primary sources, but most outlets are definitely reporting on this as the "replacement" for MNSSHP this year.

The Disney Parks Blog laid it out like this...

““Disney After Hours BOO BASH” will take place on select nights, Aug. 10 – Oct. 31, from 9 p.m. to midnight*. Spooky festivities will include Halloween-themed cavalcades, character sightings throughout the park, special performances by the Cadaver Dans, décor, lighting, music, treat stops with plenty of candy and so much more!

“Disney After Hours BOO BASH” tickets will grant admission to Magic Kingdom Park as early as 7 p.m. without the need for a day park ticket or Disney Park Pass theme park reservation, giving you time to enjoy even more of your favorites.

Guests young, old and immortal can dress in costume for the occasion and get their fill of Halloween candy. As an important reminder, costume masks are not permitted for adults; they can only be worn by children younger than 14. In addition, all guests are required to wear approved face coverings during the event. Before you arrive, check our Know Before You Go page and Costume Guidelines.

In case you aren’t familiar with Disney After Hours, it’s a special event that’s open to a limited number of guests, after normal park operating hours. The experience offers low wait times at more than 20 attractions from classics like the Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain, to newer favorites like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. It’s a ghostly good time for all!

Tickets will go on sale next month, with an early purchase window available to guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels. Click here for more information and stay tuned for more details to come. We’ll share additional information about “Disney After Hours BOO BASH” as it becomes available, so keep checking Disney Parks Blog for more tricks and treats.”

Maybe because yesterday there was definitely a question of whether we were getting MNSSHP?? Maybe people were getting excited that we’d be getting MNSSHP back (I know I was lol) and that’s why this is such a let down of an announcement? I realize I’ve been making a lot of assumptions, so I’m looking forward to hearing more of the details so we’ll have a better idea of exactly what to expect.