Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Cruise Line

Have they announced all cruises for 2024?

Looking into taking my first cruise but the dates are pretty limited and just wanted to ask if they 2024 is already all scheduled or if they will add more dates. Thanks for any info

I know this is a sister ship so I personally was not expecting much, but why would they have such a big deal reveal when nothing substantial has changed beyond a rethemed restaurant and bar? Even the YouTube comments on the “livestream” were saying how underwhelmed they are.

You'd have to drag me onto a cruise, but it seems pretty obvious to me why a popular cruise line would mostly want parity of experience across multiple ships.

You'd have to drag me onto a cruise, but it seems pretty obvious to me why a popular cruise line would mostly want parity of experience across multiple ships.
This actually is not how the cruise industry rolls. Normally there’s families of ships that are introduced that have similar things (the Wish and Treasure for example), but normally there’s big upgrades over the previous class of ships and so far really… meh.

Disney is just doing the same ships over and over instead of innovating. Royal Caribbean’s newer ship are insanely different from ships that they debuted in the late 90’s. Even Carnival. Disney can’t say that.

This actually is not how the cruise industry rolls. Normally there’s families of ships that are introduced that have similar things (the Wish and Treasure for example), but normally there’s big upgrades over the previous class of ships and so far really… meh.

Disney is just doing the same ships over and over instead of innovating. Royal Caribbean’s newer ship are insanely different from ships that they debuted in the late 90’s. Even Carnival. Disney can’t say that.
Adding on to that royal Caribbean even goes beyond that, they will typically have 2 sister ships releases 2 years in a row, but then the next set of 2 ships within the same class will be a “plussed” version of the same class for example, adding water slides, a mat dry slide. Based on the timing between the wish and treasure I would’ve expected at least some type of changes beyond a retheme, but even then, I don’t think the marvel restaurant was received very well so not sure why they wouldn’t have made any adjustments to it.

The Dream and the Fantasy were generally viewed as improvements compared to the first two ships, but the Wish took two steps backward and gets terrible reviews. I can see in the announcement how they’re trying to address one of the complaints about it (that it’s just a hodgepodge of IPs thrown together: Star Wars bar next to Tangled bar next to Marvel restaurant … I’m probably getting the layout wrong but yeah) by leaning so hard into the adventure theme for everything. But that doesn’t change that they were too far down the road with building the Treasure to drastically alter the layout (another complaint) once the reviews started coming in. Of all the ships to build three of, this was the worst - but maybe they’ll have enough lead time to actually make changes to the next one.

Also, not that it really matters, but the Periscope Pub looks like a direct copy of the back room of Club 33 in Magic Kingdom.

Last edited:
Okay.... first of all, I haven't been interested in a Disney Cruise since they've become such a big fleet of ships. To be fair, I've only been on Magic & Wonder (I don't think I experienced Dream or Fantasy... I'm too lazy to check lol). Disney Magic was my favorite (Be Our Guest biased? :lol:)

I will say though that it's a hard sell for me because the (show) entertainment was better back in the days of Magic/Wonder. Hercules: The MUSE-ical (RIP), Disney Dreams, Golden Mickeys.. *sigh*

OMG that little animated teaser was so awesome & cute. However, that was playing dirty... using Hercules to entice me. I LOVE that movie. Hades sounded more like Christopher Walken than James Woodz, but it worked lol.

Disney Destiny definitely has my attention with that heroes/villains gimmick. I'm curious about the Disney Adventure ship... SINGAPORE!? *packs bags*
GIF by visitorlando

I like the heroes and villains theme. Hope this is it for the Wish class. Royal is way outdoing Disney in the family cruising market right now and they're cheaper. Disney's next class of ship's needs to actually have some other interesting options and honestly maybe a completely different layout. All these ships look the same for the most part. If I was a layman, I wouldn't understand why I should book a room on the brand new Disney Wish and not refurbished Disney Magic (a 1998 ship). Both are prohibitively expensive anyway and offer essentially the same experience with very few differences.

Ever since 2009 with Royal Caribbean's Oasis class ships, the difference in quality between the two cruise lines has been stark, RC is pretty family oriented and also offers more for adults at a cheaper price point. The only thing Disney is getting by on with the lack of innovation and imagination that they are putting into the design of these ships is the Disney name. That's it.

Oof... ouch. Thanks Nick. I didn't need that Disney Magic debut reminder!...
Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

But yea, the DCL pricing & offerings is probably the main reason I've forgotten DCL exists for the most part lol..

And yea I just saw a vlog from somebody that was showing off the food options on the ICON ...holy hell..

And yea I just saw a vlog from somebody that was showing off the food options on the ICON ...holy hell..
Yeah, that's the thing is RC is debuting a world class ship in the Icon this year and Disney has the Treasure. Both have plenty for families and are very expensive. But when you take a look at the totality of the offerings, there's absolutely no comparison that the Icon wins out by quite a large margin.

A 7-night/day cruise on ICON, you wouldn't even come close to experiencing half of the ship. I was sold on the food alone & then the roommates mentioned the ice rink!!!

If the arcade somehow has a DDR, yea... I'd be set :lmao:

I like the heroes and villains theme. Hope this is it for the Wish class. Royal is way outdoing Disney in the family cruising market right now and they're cheaper. Disney's next class of ship's needs to actually have some other interesting options and honestly maybe a completely different layout. All these ships look the same for the most part. If I was a layman, I wouldn't understand why I should book a room on the brand new Disney Wish and not refurbished Disney Magic (a 1998 ship). Both are prohibitively expensive anyway and offer essentially the same experience with very few differences.

Ever since 2009 with Royal Caribbean's Oasis class ships, the difference in quality between the two cruise lines has been stark, RC is pretty family oriented and also offers more for adults at a cheaper price point. The only thing Disney is getting by on with the lack of innovation and imagination that they are putting into the design of these ships is the Disney name. That's it.

Not to mention it doesn't help that Wish wasn't as well thought-out/designed in its layout as the previous fleets. I've kept hearing plenty of complaints from long time DCL cruisers over the layout, cramped pathways, too small pools (especially the adults only one), dead ends, lack of a promenade which wraps around the entire ship etc.

And I don't see Treasure fixing those kind of issues as it was well into construction before Wish set sail and folks discovered said issues.