Disney Dining Plans Returning, Exciting Park Reservation Updates and More at Walt Disney World | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Dining Plans Returning, Exciting Park Reservation Updates and More at Walt Disney World

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dining Plans are coming back and no more park reservations, good news all around

Good news. It will surely make plans for our 2024 June visit, with our 9 and 10 year old grandkids, much easier. Kudos to Disney for swallowing their pride and getting it right.

Now if we could get them to go back to EMH. Not this worthless 30 minutes in the morning. That’s one ride. One. If they want to still avoid evening EMH and just have it for deluxe fine, but then extend the early mornings to 1 hour. That’s at least 2 rides and you could probably jump in a third just as the rest of the guests are let in.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
We did the early mornings half of our days during the recent vacation. Generally, they let us in the attraction queues 15 minutes prior to the listed 30 minute start. Generally we got two or three rides in before the official opening. Example at Epcot we rode Ratat. once and two rides on Frozen before 9:00 AM . Then we walked to Test Track, which was a walk on at that time. So four of the longest line rides by 9:15 AM. MK was 7 Dwarfs and Peter Pan by 9 AM , and then Winnie the Pooh,HM, POC, Little Mermaid and it was only 10:00 AM. Moderate crowd days. DHS: Three rides on M&M before 8:30 AM. ....An hour would be better but crowds were thinner than they were when only 'one' park had the early hour each day. Get there earlier than the quoted early start time and it's a breeze. We never needed Genie +. We did the mid day long line attractions in the morning and late evenings and the shows and minor attractions in the afternoons. That formula always works in non peak seasons....We refuse to go to any theme parks during peak/holiday weeks.

We did early entry once. For RotR. It broke down while we were in the queue.....

We did early entry once. For RotR. It broke down while we were in the queue.....
From what I read online, most people say doing ROTS at Disneyland/WDW is kinda a gamble on if its working or not at opening

Yes, ROTR always a gamble. Touring Plans had a good hint. They said if DHS opens it's gates 30 minutes before early opening, that ROTR is running OK . If they hold the crowd until just 15 minutes before early opening, it indicates they're having early morning testing issues.

An hour would be better but crowds were thinner than they were when only 'one' park had the early hour each day.
Bingo. It doesn't just spread the park demand but also the stress on the transportation system.

Also, the real benefit of morning EMH is not just the things you can do within that time but also the benefit of being ahead of the "wave" of non-hotel guests cascading into the park over the first hour. People distribute in a relatively predictable pattern - nobody shows up at MK and runs straight to Country Bears - so by knocking out say SDMT and Space in the early time, you're on to the second tier choices with basically no wait as the GP is hitting the first tier stuff... and it's not until people start doing the tradeoff of a long Space/SDMT wait in the AM versus doing it later does the "wave" catch up to you.

Granted, this requires being dialed into smashing out rides at the start of the day, which isn't some people's MO.

Good news. It will surely make plans for our 2024 June visit, with our 9 and 10 year old grandkids, much easier. Kudos to Disney for swallowing their pride and getting it right.
They've probably realized that whatever yielding they could do by limiting reservations can be replaced by "better" variable pricing. Stinks that MK and Epcot on NYE will go back to being dumpster fires though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
Bingo. It doesn't just spread the park demand but also the stress on the transportation system.

Also, the real benefit of morning EMH is not just the things you can do within that time but also the benefit of being ahead of the "wave" of non-hotel guests cascading into the park over the first hour. People distribute in a relatively predictable pattern - nobody shows up at MK and runs straight to Country Bears - so by knocking out say SDMT and Space in the early time, you're on to the second tier choices with basically no wait as the GP is hitting the first tier stuff... and it's not until people start doing the tradeoff of a long Space/SDMT wait in the AM versus doing it later does the "wave" catch up to you.

Granted, this requires being dialed into smashing out rides at the start of the day, which isn't some people's MO.

They've probably realized that whatever yielding they could do by limiting reservations can be replaced by "better" variable pricing. Stinks that MK and Epcot on NYE will go back to being dumpster fires though.
Yes. At WDW the early bird catches all the worms. We've always been able to get on a lot of rides, with fairly short waits, before 11:00 AM. And that early 30 minutes, which generally ends up being 45 to 60 minutes, makes a really nice difference.

I’d still say bumping the 30 minutes to a full hour for all parks everyday would really add more value to staying on site.

Maybe I should clarify. When it was just my wife and I we could crush that 30 mins. But now with a 2 year old it’s 1 maybe 2 rides. A full hour would really help families with young kids.

Okay so I’ve read everything…

I’ve been contemplating a September 2023, or January 2024 trip, as I assume it’s least busy. Should I now just simply wait for 2024? It seems it… but I don’t want to push off cause this sounds nice. I don’t have super financial boundaries for this specific trip due to some perks so I’m unsure if my timeline really matters regarding this. Intriguing nonetheless