Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Merriest Nites

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
I wasn't going to post this as a separate thread, but Merriest Nites feels downright insane in value. Especially with something like this:

Parades are also on-board, aswell as enhanced meet and greets (Mickey and Friends are characters from freaking Disney Christmas Carol); as it feels much like Oogie Boogie Bash, that they are going fully into premium event experiences.

Whenever I feel stupid in life, I instantly feel better when I realize that somebody actually bought tickets to this thing.

And Disney is wondering why they’re losing money.

I mean to me this event is wayyyy over priced

DCA Halloween event is half the price and has much more exclusive things to see....like 10+ themed treat trails, along with other meet and greets, Villains Grove which is like a walk through E ticket, a parade and WOC you can only see at the event and one ride with a halloween theme

This event has characters in cool costumes, more live music and the muppets 15 min show. Everything else you can do on a normal day for less money than this event and more time...heck isn't GE closed and its close to 200 bucks?
That's news to me.
The Disney stock just took a hit....partly for having less Disney Plus people getting the app than they thought but also because the theme parks are doing well but not as well as pre pandemic

Part of this for sure is because Disney was and is still limiting how many people come in...and part of it is the Aps...they most likely aren't seeing AP's spending as much...mainly because its much harder to just show up to the park as much. Also while it has not happened yet...every person I tell them about Genie Plus hates it and seems to have no interest in going. While Disney hardcore fans will go, I am interested to see how at Disneyland if it works. I think the 20 bucks for FP seems fine but its the 15-25 bucks to get on Rise that I think will keep many people away once that happens.

I did a dive online last night to see what the vibe was of this event. Everything I saw was mostly negative, and judging by the offerings I can see why. Almost everything at this party is stuff you can do or see during a regular visit. It's pretty crazy that they can put on an event like the Oogie Boogie Bash where everything seems like an exclusive offering and then also do this. Big swing and a miss.

I did a dive online last night to see what the vibe was of this event. Everything I saw was mostly negative, and judging by the offerings I can see why. Almost everything at this party is stuff you can do or see during a regular visit. It's pretty crazy that they can put on an event like the Oogie Boogie Bash where everything seems like an exclusive offering and then also do this. Big swing and a miss.
But if people keep paying to go...will Disney Care

I've heard Disneyland is too crowded since I was a kid..people complain but keep going so why Would Disney change

I can see the fireworks from where I live and those look pretty cool, but not worth $200 when I can watch them on YouTube for free and there’s nothing else enticing about the event.

Is the Muppets Christmas Caroling trolley only at this event, or is it a seasonal offering during park hours?