Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Purchases World's Fair Ground

Feb 1, 2008
Bronx,NY
Would like to see something from a more reputable source but found this to be interesting.

The Walt Disney World Resort has announced the purchase of the World’s Fair ground from the New York City Parks Department. In a surprising announcement, Disney is eyeing the magnificent space to develop a annual music and technology festival

Disney also announced a giant partnership with Tesla, which will include a Tesla test track and official racetrack to be developed in New York City. Another exciting announcement is the official Anthony Bourdain food court, which will be opened all year round for guests to try delicious bites from around the world. George Kalogridis, president of Disney states, “This is a monumental decision on behalf of the Walt Disney World Resort and the City of New York to come to an understanding to bring back one of the most amazing and innovative events.

http://ilovefreeconcerts.com/disney-buys-the-worlds-fair-grounds-producing-major-festival-for-2016/

The site responsible for It's A Small World

So Disney isn't leasing it but actually purchasing the World's Fair grounds? That's definitely huge news and should be very exciting! The land could also be used to host the Marvel Experience as well if Disney wanted to do so.

Looks at calendar, sees it is April 1, figures Nothing to see here, poor April Fool's Joke. Plus, I live in the NY/NJ area. If Disney had in fact bought this land, it would have been all over the news. There has not been one news story.

"space to develop a annual music"

That is uneducated child grammar. It has to be yet another Disney April Fools. Poorly played and tiresome at best.

You know, I always fall for some **** every year but just being oblivious and not knowing the date. Plus, I've heard for years how Disney was interested in that land. They got me