Disney+ | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney saw this coming and they took away the free trial. So from Disney’s perspective, if people sign up and delete on the same day, at least they’re getting $7 from every person unlike when people waited for Mandalorian to finish and people signed up for a 7-day trial to binge watch and they took in no money.

August 28th

I'll renew sometime in September to watch the new Muppet Show and this. (have it now for Clone Wars and Hamlton but it won't renew yet) Very Excited because that was a solid cartoon but glad it got cancelled before the creators lost loving it .

I know people hate when shows got canceled but unless your South Park the exception to the rule (also that show evolved) your going to be the Simpsons and literally have nothing funny or interesting to say any more.

Disney saw this coming and they took away the free trial. So from Disney’s perspective, if people sign up and delete on the same day, at least they’re getting $7 from every person unlike when people waited for Mandalorian to finish and people signed up for a 7-day trial to binge watch and they took in no money.
It’s VOD with more steps.

Reactions: Nick
So it seems Disney is doing what I thought they wouldn’t do and adding most FOX Marvel movies. I assumed Disney+ would be MCU exclusive only.

Josh Trank’s botched “Fantastic 4” was added in the middle of June and this coming week (June 10th), X-Men: Days of Future Past is being added and the following week, X-Men: Apocalypse is being added. If we get the whole X-Men Saga on here, then that will be a big bonus to the Marvel section. Unfortunately, Logan will never be on the service though.

In a different genre, another FOX movie - The Greatest Showman - is being added later this Summer

So it seems Disney is doing what I thought they wouldn’t do and adding most FOX Marvel movies. I assumed Disney+ would be MCU exclusive only.

Josh Trank’s botched “Fantastic 4” was added in the middle of June and this coming week (June 10th), X-Men: Days of Future Past is being added and the following week, X-Men: Apocalypse is being added. If we get the whole X-Men Saga on here, then that will be a big bonus to the Marvel section. Unfortunately, Logan will never be on the service though.

In a different genre, another FOX movie - The Greatest Showman - is being added later this Summer

The best Xmen movie....unable to be on Disney because their rules about Family. Really hate that, when Clone Wars and Rebels has people dying left and right, torture and people losing their heads...but its a cartoon so its ok to show war.

So Disney+ app downloads were up 74% this weekend and there's some raw numbers to go on from Variety. In the article, it says the following:

"The movie premiered on the Disney Plus streaming service on Friday, July 3. From Friday through Sunday, the Disney Plus app was downloaded 752,451 times globally, including 458,796 times in the U.S., according to analytics firm Apptopia."

Of course not every app download means a purchase. I've downloaded the app on many devices (rough estimate between me and my whole family is somewhere around 10-11 downloads, which is probably well more than normal. I have it downloaded on my Roku TV, Apple TV, Xbox, Playstation, phone and my family has it elsewhere) and am paying $4/month with the 3 year plan. So if we assume on a low end that 20% of those downloads are paying customers and the average family downloads it about 4-5 times in various areas, then it is to be assumed that Disney took in $1.05M in new subscriptions globally over the 3 day weekend. If every single one of those downloads purchased a subscription at $7/month (which just simply isn't the case), it would've been a $5.27M 3-day weekend.

So if we're trying to compare to how this would've done theatrically, obviously it would've made more money theatrically on paper, but I think it had far bigger exposure and in the long-term it makes more money for both Disney and Hamilton being on Disney+. It's also probably one of the best things to happen to theater in a long time that it's on Disney+. Many kids who may have never consider performing before watched this weekend and may have come away inspired to want to get into the arts.

So Disney+ app downloads were up 74% this weekend and there's some raw numbers to go on from Variety. In the article, it says the following:

"The movie premiered on the Disney Plus streaming service on Friday, July 3. From Friday through Sunday, the Disney Plus app was downloaded 752,451 times globally, including 458,796 times in the U.S., according to analytics firm Apptopia."

Of course not every app download means a purchase. I've downloaded the app on many devices (rough estimate between me and my whole family is somewhere around 10-11 downloads, which is probably well more than normal. I have it downloaded on my Roku TV, Apple TV, Xbox, Playstation, phone and my family has it elsewhere) and am paying $4/month with the 3 year plan. So if we assume on a low end that 20% of those downloads are paying customers and the average family downloads it about 4-5 times in various areas, then it is to be assumed that Disney took in $1.05M in new subscriptions globally over the 3 day weekend. If every single one of those downloads purchased a subscription at $7/month (which just simply isn't the case), it would've been a $5.27M 3-day weekend.

So if we're trying to compare to how this would've done theatrically, obviously it would've made more money theatrically on paper, but I think it had far bigger exposure and in the long-term it makes more money for both Disney and Hamilton being on Disney+. It's also probably one of the best things to happen to theater in a long time that it's on Disney+. Many kids who may have never consider performing before watched this weekend and may have come away inspired to want to get into the arts.

I'm glad to hear it, I got the service again mainly for Hamilton, Clone Wars Finale Season and the Mando Documentary wise they did an exit survy asking you why you joining and why you might left.

Anyone still think Falcon and the Winter Solider will release this year. I know they're just starting to do shooting again, but perhaps the scenes aren't VFX intensive?

Assuming they've completely edited and done effects work for the existing material already shot, and assuming they really did only have a couple weeks of shooting left to go, then yes, I think we'll still see it by the end of the year.

I doubt it...they had more filming to do. I mean I'd loveeeee it but Mando is done and coming out in November but Winter Solider isn't done shooting yet.
Also wonder if Black Widow doesn't come out this year if they will affect when the shows land. BW was suppose to be out months ago and might have had something teasing/leading into this show.

I’m assuming we’ll hear something from Chapek at the August shareholders meeting I’d assume, especially since the show was scheduled to come out in August.

I don't know on this. Reminds me too much of the live-action Dumbo with some jokes aimed squarely at kids thrown in here and there. This was definitely a good choice to move to Disney+ though as it was never going to make any good box office. To me, this looks like another one of those "Why did they make this?" type of movies. Maybe it will have a decent amount of heart to it though.