Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Walt Disney Studios Park €2bn Overhaul

The actual land "looks" great, but aside from RSR, the secondary rides are meh (although Mater's has been cloned with a different theme a few times).
I suppose I'm making their excuse for them

I get that the park is getting a major facelift...but gosh, anything would be better than this mess

Chapek and Brie Larson were at the opening.

I like the sleek look that Avengers Flight Force building has to it. Too bad I can ride the same ride here in Orlando that opened in 1999 featuring a hot band named Aerosmith. To the alley!

Iron Man AA:

So I know it’s an RNRC retheme, but come on:

Chapek and Brie Larson were at the opening.

I like the sleek look that Avengers Flight Force building has to it. Too bad I can ride the same ride here in Orlando that opened in 1999 featuring a hot band named Aerosmith. To the alley!

Iron Man AA:

So I know it’s an RNRC retheme, but come on:

That Iron Man AA looks DOPE. That is the only good thing I can say about this.

Man, this whole ride looks SAD. The launch sequence is literally a bare-bones room with a couple of TV screens. The indoor coaster portion has literally nothing in there but simple projections. This is something I would expect from a Six Flags park.

Say what you will about Rockin' Roller Coaster, but at least that ride had some great music. This is just.....bland.

Ride portion looks like a temporary layover, not a permanent attraction. Yikes.
Isn't it sad when, aside from the queue, RNRC is a better themed ride than a ride they are promoting as an Avengers ride (even though it's just Iron Man and Captain Marvel and the ride is only 45 seconds)?

Well, the Iron Man AA looks great, as for what we can see of the ride....at the moment it kind of looks like an inferior version of Hyperspace Mountain. Some projections here and there, but zero starfield of any kind of fill in the space (literally), and while it looks like they attempt some blasting effects at the end, it doesn't look to have the same kind of punch the laser blasts pull off in HM. For one the laser blasts in HM are whizzing right at you and all around, truly throwing you into the action.

It's really weird how both versions of RnRC looks better than this regarding the ride portion. Once again this feels like another misfire, and I'm starting to think Mission: Breakout turning out as great as it did was merely a fluke.

Well, the Iron Man AA looks great, as for what we can see of the ride....at the moment it kind of looks like an inferior version of Hyperspace Mountain. Some projections here and there, but zero starfield of any kind of fill in the space (literally), and while it looks like they attempt some blasting effects at the end, it doesn't look to have the same kind of punch the laser blasts pull off in HM. For one the laser blasts in HM are whizzing right at you and all around, truly throwing you into the action.

It's really weird how both versions of RnRC looks better than this regarding the ride portion. Once again this feels like another misfire, and I'm starting to think Mission: Breakout turning out as great as it did was merely a fluke.
I'm not sure why they used the Avengers for the theme of this ride. It only uses two characters and it's a rethemed ride. Save Avengers for a new E-ticket ride. This could've been themed to GotG, the AA could've been Groot, and I think a lot would be forgiven because at least there would be a mixtape for the ride.

It would’ve been great if they just nixxed the whole “Avengers” thing altogether and made a straight up Iron Man coaster with AC/DC blasting…..but no way Disney would do that.
It was originally supposed to be an Iron Man coaster. They announced it as an Iron Man coaster. Somehow it turned into Avengers along the way, but only Captain Marvel was added, meaning the theme was wasted.

And yes, an Iron Man coaster with AC/DC does at the very least sound great on paper. The fact that there's no music makes this a huge downgrade imo bc the ride is so short that you want people to come off with their adrenaline pumping and music adds to that.

Found a full POV of the ride.

Definitely feels like the most effort went into everything other than the actual ride. Seriously, the Paris version of RnRC was nothing but a bunch of lights and trusses and they made it work! This is just bland, emptiness. A downgrade.

IMO, while the RNRC redo is lacking, the land as a whole (while it needs a third ride) is more aesthetically pleasing, more whole, and it has a buffet restaurant in the same place that DCA is using as a quick service.

Avengers Drone Show for media:

Unlike DCA, PYM Kitchen at WDSP is an all you can eat buffet restaurant.

The land has no shortage of quick service offerings, either.

The 2bn overhaul turns into the not worth 2 cents overhaul. :grin: :doh:
I think people who go to DLP are going to receive this very well, considering the park sucks, and this is only the appetizer essentially. Arendelle: World of Frozen and Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge still to come there.

hd00000_2050dec31_world_avengers-campus-digital-key-visual_5-2_tcm1861-236724.jpg

I really thought this meant that the other Avengers would be featured in the ride but that's what I get for believing Disney concept art. :lol:

Cool to know the park still sucks.

EDIT: There's not even a frickin' starfield.

EDIT 2: Also Web Slingers still goes to the Tivan collection despite it not existing within the park.

Last edited:
Cool to know the park still sucks.

EDIT: There's not even a frickin' starfield.

EDIT 2: Also Web Slingers still goes to the Tivan collection despite it not existing within the park.
What an epic fail if they could not even figure out to replace that scene with a another one from the Iron man coaster. Though it seems that some of the other effects are better on the Paris version. But the overall lighting seems dimmer to me then the DCA version.