Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Walt Disney Studios Park €2bn Overhaul

That Cars ride looks like one of those fake April Fools gags that theme park news outlets like to announce, like "Olaf's Great Escape". Just kinda sad really. :lol:

Man, I've been watching videos on this park recently and holy hell, what went wrong here?
The site struggled from the get-go and the second gate was a contractual obligation. So they cheaped out. It started bad then got worse as operating costs were cut to the bone at both parks.

At least they learned their lesson about underfunded second parks in Hong Kong.

The site struggled from the get-go and the second gate was a contractual obligation. So they cheaped out. It started bad then got worse as operating costs were cut to the bone at both parks.

At least they learned their lesson about underfunded second parks in Hong Kong.

Jesus. Just yikes at this park. They even managed to make the Rock N Rollercoaster entrance look ugly! And why are there so many flat rides???

Jesus. Just yikes at this park. They even managed to make the Rock N Rollercoaster entrance look ugly! And why are there so many flat rides???
Because there were practically no rides when it opened and that’s the quick fix to give people things to do. But that’s how you end up with an Aladdin spinner next to a Cars flat next to Crush’s Coaster.

It’s not a bad little park now if it isn’t crowded (pending the Marvel corner coming online).

Also fun fact: a lot of the beeps and boops you hear throughout Test Track 2.0 are direct copies of noises from their RnRC.

Aerial updates from Paris:

Interestingly they have totally gutted and are rebuilding all the Avengers Campus restaurants (Bottom right in the below, opposite new Spider-Man ride building:
2fba1b43-1a0b-44b5-a026-5730ef434d47-scaled.jpg

Still a lot of land clearing going on:
EkDwoTwWoAIOnmz.jpg

I still think the Iron Man Coaster is so lazy. Even lazier than GotG replacing ToT. At least with GotG, the ride profile can be reprogramed because ToT was awesome like that. A coaster is a coaster. You can theme it to Iron Man, but it's still the exact same thing that RNRC was so unless they put some really cool set pieces around the track, it's gonna feel really cheap imo.

I still think the Iron Man Coaster is so lazy. Even lazier than GotG replacing ToT. At least with GotG, the ride profile can be reprogramed because ToT was awesome like that. A coaster is a coaster. You can theme it to Iron Man, but it's still the exact same thing that RNRC was so unless they put some really cool set pieces around the track, it's gonna feel really cheap imo.

To a certain extent I agree The difference here is that it was already a lazy and cheap ride, just like everything else that opened at WDS on opening day.
I have hope that this will turn out good, just like Guardians did in DCA. The new facade alone is a million % better than the cardbard cut out sign for RNRC.

Hopefully these additions do what they need to for the park, but I'm not exactly excited by a retheme and three clones. I don't understand how Disneyland Paris gets so much attendance while basically coasting on the same attractions from the 90s.

While I think that Guardians is superior to al Tower of Terror, you kind of have to laugh at all the Disney fans wanting the Marvel rights for WDW when Disney have done so little with the brand when they can.

I don't understand how Disneyland Paris gets so much attendance while basically coasting on the same attractions from the 90s.
  1. People who don't have money to go to Florida and want to go to Disney.
  2. Disneyland Paris is much cheaper to visit than any other Disney theme park. Most of the years there are also a lot of discounts.
  3. Tagged upon a short city vacation (as I did) to wonderful Paris (I think the Disney part was a waist of a good day I missed in Paris).
  4. Compared to other European theme parks, most close in the winter.

While I think that Guardians is superior to al Tower of Terror, you kind of have to laugh at all the Disney fans wanting the Marvel rights for WDW when Disney have done so little with the brand when they can.
Yeah. Is the Avengers E-ticket supposed to be built here too, or no? Hell, at this point, I just hope they don't cut that ride from the DCA version actually. That seems like the best thing i've seen (from a concept perspective) from Disney regarding Marvel, but there's just absolute silence on it currently.