Disney Studios Paris - Avengers Rollercoaster | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Studios Paris - Avengers Rollercoaster

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dec 16, 2015
Surrey, England
dlp2394876.jpg

Now, it appears more super hero fun is on the way. It was just announced at D23 Expo Japan that the Marvel Super Hero universe will also come to Walt Disney Studios Park at Disneyland Paris, where Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith will be totally reimagined as a high-speed, hyper-kinetic adventure, in which guests will team up with Iron Man and their favorite Avengers.
Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith at Walt Disney Studios Park to Receive Marvel Transformation | Disney Parks Blog

:shrug:

The Paris RnRC was the superior one IMO. The new queue might be cool, but not sure what they can do inside that track layout that would make this an improvement.

I can't help but laugh at these announcements after all the talk from die hard Disney fans who demand that WDW get Marvel because Universal don't deserve the IP.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
A truly big announcement would've been that they're expanding the park and building Galaxy's Edge in WDSP and also doing a Marvel land, similar to that of the one planned for DCA (and revealing parts of that). WDSP is borderline skippable right now outside of Rat and Crush's Coaster, but announce something like that and all of a sudden it breaths new life into a dying park.

Instead, they're simply doing an overlay.

Reactions: jtsalien and UNIrd
I imagine we'll be seeing a lot more overlays vs new attractions because Disney's failure to budget appropriately means it'll cost them just as much to do an overlay as it would someone else to build from scratch. And the Walt Disney Studios Park is still in need of additions, not a ride being down for a year or so for this upgrade.

The only thing that sucks is I find Paris' RNRC to be the better of the two Aerosmith attractions but alas.