Disneyland in 2 days? | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland in 2 days?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 6, 2014
Rushmore Academy
Hey buddies I just found out that I might go to Cali for a couple days during spring break and I'm planning for one days at Disneyland, one at universal, one for sightseeing and one to check out Cal arts the college I want to go to. Is it possible to do most of Disneyland and California adventure for two days during spring break? I really only want to do all the big boy rides (E tickets if you must call them that) and the dark rides but I'm terrified that spring break crowds would be hell and I wouldn't be able to do everything. Keep in mind I'm gonna stay from rope drop to closing both days. This is my first time in California and I'd love for some advice on what to do. Thanks!!!

I would suggest checking your dates against the annual passholder blackout dates. This seemed to make a big difference when I was there last. first few days were great then the blackout dates were lifted and it was really bad.

I would say that's the absolute minimum. There are clones too that you don't have to do, mostly in DCA. (I'd still check out Tower of Terror though.)

Unless the crowds are nuts for Spring Break, can spend less than a day in USH. So you may be able to combine that with some sight seeing to find more time.

Ok I'll definitely look out for blackout dates, I'm definitely not worried about USH because a lot of what I actually want to do there is all in the tram tour and I'll go on the other rides and waterworld for fun afterwards. I'll also definitely be skipping a ton of clones like start tours. Thank you all so much for the info!!!

You can do USH in literally 4 hours. Get there when it opens, you'll be done by mid-afternoon. Then go back to DLR til midnight.

And don't skip all the "clones"! Definitely do our Pirates, Splash, Space, and Haunted Mansion. Our Space Mountain is badass.

The absolute must-do's: Indy, RSR, Pirates, Space, Haunted, Matterhorn.

USH is literally a 4 hour park, Disneyland though will take awhile to do both parks even though some of the rides are clones. But you can do it all in 2 days. I managed to do it on the 4th of July weekend, just make sure you utilize fastpass and use single rider for Radiator Springs Racer and Indy. Those tend to have the longest lines.

You can do USH in literally 4 hours. Get there when it opens, you'll be done by mid-afternoon. Then go back to DLR til midnight.

And don't skip all the "clones"! Definitely do our Pirates, Splash, Space, and Haunted Mansion. Our Space Mountain is badass.

The absolute must-do's: Indy, RSR, Pirates, Space, Haunted, Matterhorn.

Thank you that Sounds good, I'm definitely gonna do the pirates and mansion I thought you guys meant clones as in the literal term (star touts and mermaid). I'm absolutely dying to do pirates, Indiana jones, space mountain and all the fantasyland dark rides especially pinnochio and Alice. Does anybody have any other obscure favorites I should check out? I'm very curious about the hemmlich train myself. Not only because hemmlich is hilarious but because everybody says it's definitely different when your on the ride itself because of the smells. That's cool in my book

Ehh well if I have the money and time for both I think I could do both. DLR is the main reason why I'm there, no doubt about that

Personally, DLR is so deep and involved it's a two day park alone. DCA is another full day. Only thing at USH that's unique is Waterworld and Tram Tour. IMHO, don't bother.

Personally, DLR is so deep and involved it's a two day park alone. DCA is another full day. Only thing at USH that's unique is Waterworld and Tram Tour. IMHO, don't bother.

You can't even call USH a park when used in the same sentence with Disneyland. You're basically paying the price of admission for the tram tour. Which honestly, isn't all that spectacular anymore. And their CityWalk is a joke too.

Consider doing USH; its worth the money due to you are getting the tour, transformers, despicable me (Better than Orlando), and the original JP which to me those rides are worth the money. Fast and Furious obviously won't be open but more than likely Springfield will be open during Spring break. Mummy if you want is good but yea, try to check out USH as you would like it. For DLR.. try one day at DCA just due to it will be heavy crowds during Spring break and the second day DL.

I did mean literal clones like Star Tours, Toy Story Mania, Muppetvision, It's Tough To Be a Bug, etc.
Everything else you should do.

We went LA from Vegas this year the Sunday before the Cali Spring Break started. Sunday we did Disneyland, it was open lateish and it wasnt too busy, the monday we did mostly DCA then back to DL. It was rammed, bag check took about 25 mins as did the garage.

Having said that, they tend to have a slower pace over there, M&Gs don't have stupid queues, it's alot more relaxed in general. Having been WDW the year before, we skipped some duplicates (clones) to maximise time. It was a very good couple of days. Both lovely parks and we did find time to soak up some atmosphere and relax both days.

USH we did in in about 6 hours on the tuesday, it was alot quieter there, again slow pace. We did however pay for front of line just in case knowing that it could be busy, and I'd have to drive back to Vegas that night. Unlike Express at UOR, you almost always get to the front, never longer than a 2 min wait to board. I think we rode everything there, inc Studio Tour. I think the fact that the park is split into the upper and lower lots means people are more spread out.

I'm attempting something very similar in April. We're going over for Celebration VII and we're working in a day at USH on April 15th and then a day at DCA and DL on the 20th and 21st. Hoping it isn't too busy.

This is my must do list at DL as someone who is frequently at WDW

Matterhorn
Space Mountain
Indiana Jones
Monorail
Finding Nemo Subs (I think it's closed right now)
Mr. Toad
Tiki Room
Alice in Wonderland
Pinochio
Storybook land Canal Boats
Casey Jr. Circus Train
Sailing Ship Columbia
Pirates of the Caribbean
Castle walkthrough
Also spend some time on Main Street, there's is still an attraction for the most part and not just a giant store.