Disneyland Paris Resort | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Paris Resort

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
Smart move....but I feel like the French dont care about Disney content...like at all...lol
Disney actually has a special French division and is making content specifically for the French audiences via their Star Originals. Disney+ also licenses a bunch of local content for each of their international countries.

Reactions: Jerroddragon

Jerroddragon

V.I.P.
Jun 27, 2017
Disney actually has a special French division and is making content specifically for the French audiences via their Star Originals. Disney+ France also licenses a bunch of local content for each of their international countries.
That’s smart, I just know the French have been against America media….especially Disney for a while

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
That’s smart, I just know the French have been against America media….especially Disney for a while
Disney+ does adapt to each market pretty well. For example. Japan has a ton of licensed anime and Korea has a steady flor of original K-Drama's, including the extremely good Snowdrop, which was brought over to the US in February, albeit without dubbing.

OrlLover

Contributing Member
Aug 8, 2018
What about Disneyland Paris?
I don’t want to take this thread off topic any longer so I will say one last thing concerning my original post. I think that the Paris castle is the most beautiful of all the Disney properties around the world.

However since it’s failed opening back in 92 it’s been treated like the red headed step child of the parks until recently. Then you have WDSP which was like DCA 1.0 quality.

But now it’s getting upgraded to be much better second gate.

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
I don’t want to take this thread off topic any longer so I will say one last thing concerning my original post. I think that the Paris castle is the most beautiful of all the Disney properties around the world.

However since it’s failed opening back in 92 it’s been treated like the red headed step child of the parks until recently. Then you have WDSP which was like DCA 1.0 quality.

But now it’s getting upgraded to be much better second gate.
The reason for the lack of investment was because the park was majority owned by Euro Disney SCA for around its first 25 years. With the park not making money, Euro Disney SCA wasn't putting money into the resort. That type of a cycle is rough as if you don't put money in, it's hard to make a profit if you're already struggling. You have to give people a reason to come and Iger finally realized that when he announced the takeover of the resort and a $2 Billion Euro investment.

WDSP and the Disney Village are currently undergoing major renovations and there's been rumors that DLP is going to get MMRR. Add on the recent renovation of Disney's Hotel New York into the Disney Hotel New York - The Art of Marvel and the Disneyland Hotel is getting a makeover as well, so DLPR is getting a ton more love now than it's seen since opening pretty much.

Reactions: OrlLover

OrlLover

Contributing Member
Aug 8, 2018
The reason for the lack of investment was because the park was majority owned by Euro Disney SCA for around its first 25 years. With the park not making money, Euro Disney SCA wasn't putting money into the resort. That type of a cycle is rough as if you don't put money in, it's hard to make a profit if you're already struggling. You have to give people a reason to come and Iger finally realized that when he announced the takeover of the resort and a $2 Billion Euro investment.

WDSP and the Disney Village are currently undergoing major renovations and there's been rumors that DLP is going to get MMRR. Add on the recent renovation of Disney's Hotel New York into the Disney Hotel New York - The Art of Marvel and the Disneyland Hotel is getting a makeover as well, so DLPR is getting a ton more love now than it's seen since opening pretty much.
I agree it’s nice to see Paris getting some love.

Reactions: Nick