Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Paris Resort

Thanks for the reply!

This is the short list I'm working from regarding what we'd like to hit:
  • Big Thunder Mountain
  • Phantom Manor
  • The Dragon's Lair
  • Disneyland Paris Railroad
  • Hyperspace Mountain
  • Crush's Coaster
  • Ratatouille (a clone, but one we both really enjoy)
  • Avengers Assemble: Flight Force
The rest of the attractions, best as I can tell, are either clones (or near clones) or just attractions we aren't likely to care about enough to experience. After riding Raging Spirits in Tokyo, we're not inclined to suffer/bore ourselves with Temple of Peril. We might hit Pirates if we're feeling completionist-y, but I wouldn't count on it.

That said, if I'm missing something egregious, feel free to correct me! We're most excited to soak up the atmosphere of the castle park which looks pretty spectacular.
Nautilus isn't the greatest, but given it's an original with no queue it's worth a quick run through as you pass by.

You’ll have a great time…would love a trip report when you’re back!
That's the plan! I'll create a thread when we get closer, similar to what I did when we went to Japan.
Nautilus isn't the greatest, but given it's an original with no queue it's worth a quick run through as you pass by.
Yeah, I should have included that on the list. I've heard mixed things since the changes, but we'll still check it out.

Thanks for the reply!

This is the short list I'm working from regarding what we'd like to hit:
  • Big Thunder Mountain
  • Phantom Manor
  • The Dragon's Lair
  • Disneyland Paris Railroad
  • Hyperspace Mountain
  • Crush's Coaster
  • Ratatouille (a clone, but one we both really enjoy)
  • Avengers Assemble: Flight Force
The rest of the attractions, best as I can tell, are either clones (or near clones) or just attractions we aren't likely to care about enough to experience. After riding Raging Spirits in Tokyo, we're not inclined to suffer/bore ourselves with Temple of Peril. We might hit Pirates if we're feeling completionist-y, but I wouldn't count on it.

That said, if I'm missing something egregious, feel free to correct me! We're most excited to soak up the atmosphere of the castle park which looks pretty spectacular.
That's a pretty amazing list, if I say so myself. Just like Jerroddragon said, definitely make time for Pirates, it's an amazing version and my favourite by far (even if I haven't been able to get myself on all of them). On that list, I would perhaps also add one show, Mickey and the Magician over at Studios is an amazing show and so is Lion King Rhythms of the Pride Lands. Lion is 100% in English, Mickey is somewhere in the 50/50 range but a non French speaker (like me) can understand it very easily. It's a Small World is also a very different style from the others in the states and I'm sure you'd love how "we" describe the US haha.

I'd love these to slowly take over for Fireworks

I'm not saying No fireworks but these are better then the Projection only shows we get at Disneyland during the off season and would love to see them in DCA and other parks as well....in fact you can literally have land specific shows which is insanely cool if they ever do that

Apparently there's an FAA issue with having a drone show at the Disneyland Resort, but I agree this is the future. If for no other reason than limiting (if not outright eliminating) the less-than-ideal environmental impact created by fireworks.

Apparently there's an FAA issue with having a drone show at the Disneyland Resort, but I agree this is the future. If for no other reason than limiting (if not outright eliminating) the less-than-ideal environmental impact created by fireworks.
Yeah

I want to see these laws, I don't get how all these other countries can just have drone shows anywhere but in the "land of the free" we have laws stopping them. Why? If Paris can have a show this large it shows it's safe

Personally, I like it, though I'm not a huge fireworks fan. . But I wonder whether the typical Disney USA guest would prefer this over a fireworks show. This is more laid back and has less kinetic energy. It would be interesting to see a cost comparison between this and a heavy on fireworks show.
Drone shows have always been rather boring to me. Incorporating drones into a show is fine to cut back on fireworks a bit, but I can’t see them fully replacing fireworks with a drone show.

Drone shows have always been rather boring to me. Incorporating drones into a show is fine to cut back on fireworks a bit, but I can’t see them fully replacing fireworks with a drone show.
I feel almost exactly the opposite. There's so much more you can do visually with the drones than you can do with fireworks.

Personally, I like it, though I'm not a huge fireworks fan. . But I wonder whether the typical Disney USA guest would prefer this over a fireworks show. This is more laid back and has less kinetic energy. It would be interesting to see a cost comparison between this and a heavy on fireworks show.
The drone show in Dollywood they had over the Christmas time seemed very popular for guests. I personal am not into the projection shows, they get boring to me. So doing projection WITH drone I think could be a huge hit for places that can't do large fireworks like IOA/Studios. I wouldn't mind seeing this in other parks too like AK. When done right it can be a really good show. You could even mix in some smaller fireworks here and here. A combination that reduces fireworks.

Ooooo.... move over Hyperspace Mountain. We've got a new coaster in the outer rim!!

Disneyland Paris is definitely being smart with their Star Wars expansion. The fact that it'd be next to Star Tours is great too!

Word in the street is that a Mandalorian roller coaster is coming to DLP!

I was surpised to see this article on WDWNT since this appears to be a fan made concept rather than based on an actual heard rumor.

Although Star Wars expansion has been discussed for that spot before, the suggested space in the concept is only slightly bigger than the Star Tours Footprint.