Disney's World of Color | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's World of Color

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 1, 2008
Sanford, FL
From Screamscape. I think this show will be amazing, just sucks it doesn't open until next Spring.

A couple of weeks back Disney uncovered some of the hardware facts about the new World of Color show that I had somehow missed. It was nice to see that most of the items I had previously heard about as rumors have come true, with the exception being the number of fountains in the show. All said and done the show will feature 1,200 fountains, not the rumored 2,200… but that’s still a lot of fountains no matter how you slice it, each hooked up to an LED light ring able to create virtually any color in the spectrum. The fountains come in different sizes of course, able to shoot water anywhere from 30 to 200 feet in the air.
The Water Whips are in… 187 of them to be exact, able to spin, tilt, point and shoot water virtually anywhere in any direction. The Fire Whips are also in the show… 12 of them mounted to the same kind of device as the Water Whips. There will also be 24 more non-moving flame throwers as well.
An army of 29 digital HD video projectors will also be placed to cover the lake area as needed to allow for the creation of the world’s largest water/mist screen that will be 380 feet wide and 50 feet tall. With the projectors they will bring animated features like Alice in Wonderland, Lion Kingd, Toy Story, WALL-E and Pocahontas to life in all new ways. The show will also feature a good mix of other special effects such as lasers, fog machines, scenic elements up to 80 feet tall, and an impressive surround sound system to surround you for the entire 25 minute experience.

Steve Davison's presentation:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Perhaps inappropriate use of language here, but there's no other way to describe this show than saying it's going to be kickass. For the record - the people supplying Disney with all the fountain heads are the very same that installed the Fountain Show at Bellagio in Las Vegas. For anyone who has seen (or even heard about) that show - you'd know they are nothing shy of STUNNING.

They're putting a LOT into this show. Internally, the intention is for this show to become "The Fantasmic! Killer." They want this show to be so good, that people will actually LEAVE DISNEYLAND to go to California Adventure to see it. That very concept is unheard of up until now - so it's a bold intention and shows they really have big plans.

Personally, I'll be in CA the week this thing starts running solidly to see it. I cannot wait.

Last edited:
Wow it looks pretty awesome! I hope I still have money after my Potter Opening trip next year to go to california and see this.

Wow it looks pretty awesome! I hope I still have money after my Potter Opening trip next year to go to california and see this.

Have you been to Disneyland before? If your answer is no - I'd say make that your primary trip. That park is sooooo much better than anything in Orlando - and just blows Magic Kingdom completely out of the water. You'll never be able to look at that place the same way again.

The WOC opens on June 11th. Check out the preview video . The colors look spectacular. Gotta love the new LED lights.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...june-11-at-disneys-california-adventure-park/

Wow... I just watched the full show on youtube. If some of you are bored by the video, then skip to 17 minutes to see the POTC and then keep watching!!! They then shoot off more fire than I have EVER seen before in my life beginning at 17:45. Looks like more fire in 1 minute than all of the fire they shoot at Universal in a WEEK... perhaps even a MONTH. YouTube Link The continuous fire torches at the end of the sequence are CRAZY!!!

Last edited:
Bahhhh. Disney ripped off Bellagio. I am not sure I like the color aspect. It makes it seem less human and more blobby. Flame Throwers cool. Water is not as high as Bellagio though. I do not think it can ever rival the emotional appeal of Con te Partiro at Bellagio. But Disney can try:)
By the way, watch Con te Partiro at Bellagio. Makes me cry every time!

Bahhhh. Disney ripped off Bellagio. I am not sure I like the color aspect. It makes it seem less human and more blobby. Flame Throwers cool. Water is not as high as Bellagio though. I do not think it can ever rival the emotional appeal of Con te Partiro at Bellagio. But Disney can try:)
By the way, watch Con te Partiro at Bellagio. Makes me cry every time!

Sorry, but that makes Bellagio look like an upside down urinal at a boys camp. Watch again please.

What is a rip off? A story, film tech, phone tech, 3D tech, tattoo tech, pants showing your butt tech? Everything in this world is taking what we have a small or big step further. Disney has won this one regardless of your allegiance. I have watched documentaries on the Bellagio fountains. Belllagio doesn't come close to this and I am not a big fan of Disney.

Last edited:
This is absolutely stunning. The Bellagio isn't the only fountain show in the world, Harry Fan. World of Color is made by the creators of the Bellagio show if I remember correctly. Why can't they both be good shows with different aspects and storylines? I think this one will be amazing in my opinion.

Because Disney's record on that is so clear with things like the Yeti and many other major effects in just about every attraction.

But that was my first thought when I saw all of this too. It was beyond amazing for a night time water/laser show but upkeep could be disasterous in cost and effort for such a thing.

Especially when every single aspect of the show relies on a platform that will raise it out of the water and lower it back in all the time. I would almost make a prediction that eventually it will just remain out of the water.