Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

DLR Ticket/AP Increase

The other SoCal parks, SeaWorld, Knott’s, SFMM, and Universal are probably going to see an increase in annual pass holders if people decide not to renew at Disneyland

Jesus christ as much as I love this place it gets harder and harder to go. Lower Middle Class folks like me just can't afford an AP nowadays.

Yeah gonna go in March before it gets crazy and spend 100+ less on tickets. Disney is completely out of touch for the average consumer on pricing. I hope when the economy dips they get burned. They deserve it.

The sad part is that the value season single day ticket has now crossed into the triple digits making it no longer possible to visit Disneyland for under $100 any time of the year.

For So Cal residents, let this sink in. An AP costs $95 for Knott's or $115 for Knott's and Soak City with no blackout dates. This is less than a 1-day pass to DLR. For an additional $110, you can add an all season dining pass (2 meals per visit) to Knott's. For about the same price as a DLR Park-Hopper 1-day pass, you can have an AP to Knott's and an all season dining pass. I know the parks are not the same, but consider the value savings with Knott's.

So they can do another one in May.

Fixed that for you. :toast:

__

I am..not shocked, but still rather dissapointed.

This seems like Disney is not even taking any of what Universal failed to do in 2016 as an example, and will go beyond even that for ticket/AP prices and changes.

It's very upsetting, especially as I was considering going out for a trip to see GE by year's end. But unfortunately, I guess for now; that's not going to happen.

We have a trip planned for May this year and hadn't bought tickets yet, were planning on buying them yesterday. Pretty frustrated that the jump happened before we pulled the trigger, but luckily my wife is way smarter than me with the actual logistics of planning trips and realized that Undercover Tourist may have had tickets at the original price (Not an Ad). Luckily they did, so if anyone is planning a trip but was slow like me, you may get lucky over there.

Jesus christ as much as I love this place it gets harder and harder to go. Lower Middle Class folks like me just can't afford an AP nowadays.

This is what I don't understand. I typically only go to WDW because I don't fancy the four hour flight to California. However, these vacations are really getting expensive. Still, the parks still have a ton of people and I do not know how so many can afford to go. Some people go to the parks on a two week vacation and the amount spent staggers my mind. I mean, it's great if you can afford it but I must be in the wrong business. It seems as if Disney is raising the prices to find the breaking point on profit margin. Basically, if we charge this much, how many people have the appetite for it and does our net income increase/decrease/stagnate.

Adding a hugely popular IP like Star Wars just gives them more leverage.

Take this for what you will, but a little birdie told me that you most likely may see another price increase right before the opening of Star Wars. It’s going to be another big jump.

Take this for what you will, but a little birdie told me that you most likely may see another price increase right before the opening of Star Wars. It’s going to be another big jump.

I’m hoping to get my tickets bought before the next price jump but with Brexit and the exchange rate being terrible, I’m cautiously waiting.

Fixed that for you. :toast:

__

I am..not shocked, but still rather dissapointed.

This seems like Disney is not even taking any of what Universal failed to do in 2016 as an example, and will go beyond even that for ticket/AP prices and changes.

It's very upsetting, especially as I was considering going out for a trip to see GE by year's end. But unfortunately, I guess for now; that's not going to happen.
I said this before, I will say it again. If they go through with another price increase, like I heard, opening week will still be crazy, but I think it will die down after that.

Disney is really pushing their luck here with how much people are willing to shell out plus the outrage behind Star Wars right now.