Downtown Disney Changes | Inside Universal Forums

Downtown Disney Changes

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
From today

IMG_5571.jpg

The Lego statues have been removed, which is most likely temporary.
IMG_5572.jpg

IMG_5573.jpg

I'm sure this section has been complete for some time, but it has been a while since I've visited so here ya go.
IMG_5574.jpg

IMG_5575.jpg

Looks like the Lego might be next...

From a fellow Tweeter FLAllDay

Reports say the Lego store at Downtown Disney is next to close. Might be related to new Legoland opening at Cypress Gardens.

It's going to be sad when the McDonald's closes at the Marketplace. That has been there for a while. Although, I won't miss the high prices they have for food there...

Wow ...it is amazing. Just 7 years ago this place was bustling with activity...the nightclubs were busy and fun, the shopping was diverse... What the hell happened?
Pleasure island closed. a new T-shirt shop...lots of shops vacant. What exactly is the draw now...World Of Disney? Earl Of Sandwich?
I have no idea. What a shame that once again they seem to have lost their way.

no i thinkg they will just move the items ... they had alot of adult legos and when i went again they were gone... they said they shipped them back

Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex cafe are still huge draws, and of course world of Disney. And I agree with you Yeti, you can never find a parking spot so it must still be working!

So did the lego store actually close or no? I haven't been to DTD in a while, mostly cause the movie theatre smells funny (anyone else notice this?)

I have a slight debate going on at work about this (because since there's a lego store on dis property they seem to think the legoland has something to to with disney)

I remember seeing this thread a while back and keep telling people the store is closed anyways, but no one seems to know? Settle an argument for me, someone :)

^ I believe that it's still there, it's still on the map at their site. I don't think Lego is going anywhere, it's really the onlything good left there; and Lego does have something to do with Disney, this past year they had an agreement (or deal, not sure what's it called), now Lego can make Disney themed sets (Toy Story, Cars, Price of Persia).

Last edited:
Anyone know when the refurbs will be finished? Are the Rainforest and T-Rec cafe still open?
I was planning to take my BF there when we go in June but if it looks like a building site I'll think again..

From Screamscape

(6/11/10) The Save Pleasure Island Blog reports that the “ill-conceived” Celebrate Tonight performance at Downtown Disney will be coming to an end as of June 26th. They do share some speculation that perhaps it is coming to an end so that new demolition work can begin inside the former Pleasure Island.

^Thank GOD!

That was a waste of time IMHO, but it sucks it will be because of Demo.....goodbye Mannequins and 8Traxx and Adventurer's Club

According to the interwebs, TDO may finally be realizing they made a mistake with shuttering PI. Apparently, an outdoor bar/lounge will be taking up the for Celebrate Tonight area, and none, yes, none of the clubs will be demo'ed.

i hope they turn the lego store into something good like an american eagle or areopostale and thank god that mcdonalds is going away now i dont have to pay $5 for fries