Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Drawn To Life - Cirque du Soleil

Don't know how legit this could be, but this is from Wiki, which of course is taken with an extreme grain of salt...but according to on there there is a possible replacement to La Nouba coming possibly in 2013...what do you guys think?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cirque_du_Soleil#Future_productions

It's been rumored for awhile. I think they were taking surveys online about interest in a Disney characters or Marvel Cirque show?

Don't know how legit this could be, but this is from Wiki, which of course is taken with an extreme grain of salt...but according to on there there is a possible replacement to La Nouba coming possibly in 2013...what do you guys think?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cirque_du_Soleil#Future_productions

Did you see the source annotation? :lol:

I mean, it doesn't mean it couldn't happen... but who knows...

I'd love it either way. I love Cirque :thumbs:

Last edited:
Eek ugh, Screamscape...didn't notice that..then we should TRULY take this with a grain of salt :lol:

RUMOR: Cirque Du Soleil – La Nouba Coming to an End at Disney Springs

Upcoming promotional materials for the show talk about giving guests the opportunity to see La Nouba “one last time”. These materials do not speak about what will replace the show.

Maybe they'll bring Toruk?
La Nouba has had pretty bad attendance for a long time now. They updated the show and pumped it up in the media last year to try to enhance sales, but it hasn't worked. While I guess Toruk is possible to come in as a replacement, it is finishing up a 17 month North American tour later this month in Dayton, Ohio (March 26th last US date). The show then starts up again in Taipei in July.

So while leaving the country is good for the prospects of a sit-down version, anyone who wanted to see Toruk has already seen it at this point most likely. I think a brand new, never before seen Cirque show would be best. Cirque has a huge following so it would likely bring up attendance pretty easily.

How about a Marvel-based show?

I can't wrap my head around the cheesiness of a Marvel Cirque show. I know they did the Marvel Universe Live arena tour and that looked dreadful enough as it is.

But they would likely come up with another original concept for this location.

So the WDWNT report, as always, started elsewhere and they didn't give credit. It started at the link below... here's what they had to say... starting in 2015:

Today I got word from an artist inside La Nouba that the show will indeed be closing in late 2017, although no date nor official announcement has been made. However, Cirque apparently plans to remain at Disney World and so I assume this means a new show is under development to replace it. Here is what the artist said...

"And it is true. La Nouba is set to finish a nearly 20 year run, but the last show date has not been set yet, but probably end of 2017. Cirque will continue to have a presence at Walt Disney World, but it is time for a new show."

Somebody recently bumped the thread in mid January of 2017 and here's the gist of the current information:
  • Disney insisted that Cirque put in a new show [this sort of jibes with reports that Disney insisted Planet Hollywood and Fulton's update themselves]
  • The contract that Cirque has with their current La Nouba talent ends in 2017 and hasn't been renewed
  • Disney's contract with Cirque ends in 2017 and they're in negotiations over the theater and show refurb
  • The new Cirque show will be brand new, not one of their current ones that would be moved to DS
  • While the theater is being refurbished for the new show, Cirque may put on a show in a temporary venue
  • Online ticket sales for La Nouba ends the last day of August 2017, however, some people have claimed La Nouba will be going til the end of December 2017
La Nouba to close in 2017? | Cirque Spotlight

Last edited:
Never did Cirque the times I went, looks like I missed my chance when I go in Oct unless it does stay open for longer.

Beat me to it.

Doesn't specifically mention a replacement show, but this line sort of alludes to one:

"Wondering what’s next? Given Disney’s strong relationship with Cirque du Soleil over the years, we may soon have news to share about exciting new entertainment coming to Disney Springs so stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog."

Sounds like a contract is in place and they just want to pimp La Nouba for the time being.

From what I'm hearing. Disney hasn't been pleased with that space sitting empty for most of the day. We may not see just 1 replacement show, but several, hitting different demographics. We could see a Kid/Family show, a Broadway Style show, and a Disney Inspired Cirque show.

From what I'm hearing. Disney hasn't been pleased with that space sitting empty for most of the day. We may not see just 1 replacement show, but several, hitting different demographics. We could see a Kid/Family show, a Broadway Style show, and a Disney Inspired Cirque show.
I've heard a Disney Broadway show is finally on the table for the space. Will it happen though? I'm skeptical.

If you've never seen the show, it's on YouTube in the original version (some acts have changed)

Interesting to note, there's a heavy Soviet/Russian influence in the show's aesthetics. It's like "Cirque does Constructivism." So maybe politics is part of why it's going as well.

If you've never seen the show, it's on YouTube in the original version (some acts have changed)

Interesting to note, there's a heavy Soviet/Russian influence in the show's aesthetics. It's like "Cirque does Constructivism." So maybe politics is part of why it's going as well.

For some reason that show reminds me of Quidam with a new look.