Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dreamworks Animation Meet and Greet?

May 23, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
It finally became official yesterday: DreamWorks Animation is now fully owned by Comcast, and thus of course NBC/Universal.

To celebrate, a very interesting tweet was sent out prominently featuring USH:

You may notice Shrek and Fiona from the current line-up, as well as the Universal monsters, Gru, a raptor, Marilyn and Woody. Alex from Madagascar and Puss in Boots are current existing walkaround characters that have existed in Singapore, but looks like USH may have copies now. 

Yet you'll notice two brand-new, never-before-seen walkarounds from any Uni park: Po from Kung Fu Panda and the one that is currently attracting the most online buzz, that of Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon. (hopefully a Hiccup face character would accompany him)

Right now space is rather tight in USH as HHN and Grinchmas are about to take a hold of the rest of the year. Yet there are still some possibilities of where the four new walkarounds featured (Alex and Puss are new to USH) could start showing up soon. After all, you don't just make a Toothless costume just for a publicity photo! 

One possible location may be Universal Plaza in the near future. If the Globe Theater is utilized for Grinchmas, we could see a setup in either there or Plaza. Or they may just be waiting for January to come, and that's when the characters will find a home for a M&G.

Do you guys have any thoughts on where and when we might be seeing these characters in the park?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm willing to bet that Po will start to appear when they do the Chinese New Year event, and as for Toothless; I agree that well see him around in the future. It's the size of the walkabout characters that makes me wonder if they may handle it similar to the Raptors..

But in any case, it's exciting news for the future of the studio and all the Universal Parks, as I can't wait to see what could come out of it for the parks.

I wonder if whatever replaces Cartooniversal will have dedicated spots for meet and greets considering how popular the more permanent ones are. If it doesn't turn out to be Hello Kitty of course. It would be nice having a central meeting location for the new characters that currently don't have attractions attached to them.

Omgosh, I'm just now seeing this. My 8 year old LOVES Toothless. She would go nuts to see him the park! Has anybody seen him since this was announced??? And if so, where?

Omgosh, I'm just now seeing this. My 8 year old LOVES Toothless. She would go nuts to see him the park! Has anybody seen him since this was announced??? And if so, where?

As of right now, since the purchase by Comcast, the DreamWorks characters (outside of Shrek) have not appeared in the park.