DreamWorks Land (General Discussion) - Opening June 14, 2024 | Page 64 | Inside Universal Forums

DreamWorks Land (General Discussion) - Opening June 14, 2024

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Kind of weird that they’re selling alcohol in their new “kids area”. Just for comparison’s sake, I don’t think you can get any hooch in Seuss at Islands or Sesame Street at SeaWorld.
While the kids play, the adults will drink. They’d be throwing away money by not offering alcohol.

The two examples you used are of third party IPs. The third party can stipulate no alcohol if they wish. I’m also unsure this is actually true about Seuss, but I can see it knowing how that estate deals.

My only issue

Is the Trolls coaster having zero music...this to me is when projects feel like...slapped together. Trolls is all about music and think it would add to the little ride

the rest of the land seems charming, if kids like it and people seem to be taking photos there with characters and props it seems like an overall win

100%. The iconic JT theme music and a Poppy & Branch figure right as you enter load/unload area again would've made such a difference.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Disney's best kept secret, that they hide from the public. Woody's a closet wino. ;) :D...,and Buzz Lightyear gets his name from always getting a buzz on.
(Pulls Woody's string)

Woody: "Somebody's poisoned the watering hole! *hiccup* It was me. *hiccup* I did it. *hiccup* Buzz had a drink and now he thinks he thinks he's speaking Spanish."

But seriously, the way the playground is designed it looks as if the kids should be able to run around without being out of parents' sight. At that point, let the adults sit back with a drink.

My only issue

Is the Trolls coaster having zero music...this to me is when projects feel like...slapped together. Trolls is all about music and think it would add to the little ride

the rest of the land seems charming, if kids like it and people seem to be taking photos there with characters and props it seems like an overall win
I also think they have to be deliberate and specific with what music to use. I don’t know if the trolls theme song should play 24/7. That would becoming grating for folks.

I also think they have to be deliberate and specific with what music to use. I don’t know if the trolls theme song should play 24/7. That would becoming grating for folks.
I meant for the coaster cars to play music

The tech exists and and I can play different ones for all I care but they choose a music IP so music just makes sense

So Brian doesn't have to tap the sign again, I'll preface that of course this is only going off of the tech preview and things can change...

But it would be very strange if the Trolls coaster opens and has no ride music at all, when pop music is pretty much the entire identity of the IP. It's like Rock'n Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith, but the actual coaster is just silent. Doesn't really matter how much theming you put around the coaster, or how much music you have in the queue, it's still gonna feel pretty empty and strange.

And before someone says that a kid coaster doesn't need all of that; respectfully, we've been talking for pretty much a full year about how kid's lands should be held to a similar standard of quality as anything else. They might have different priorities i.e. a fun playplace over detailed and intricate theming, but I'd expect a musical property to incorporate that into the ride no matter the demographic.

Hopefully they forgot to turn the speakers on or something!

In the POV’s you can hear BGM playing on the lift hill and in the queue.

Comparing it to the Woody coaster, that one had all these cool storytelling touches. From interactive queue (gag signs, train horns) to the station departure bells and Woody's slight narration as you went up the lift hill—it was on a different level than this. As the train rounded the corner near the station, Woody would even "peck" at the station's roof, leaving marks/dents in it. That attention to detail is really lacking here.

With this new version, it's like they forgot all those little storytelling moments. They just painted it orange and green, slapped on some pink signage in the station, and called it a day. They didn't even bother to remove Woody's pecking marks.

Maybe we will see more added? Signs/props along the final break run? Better Music? Something in the queue?

Last edited: