Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Drew’s Top 5: Blasts from the Past

Jaws and Ghostbusters top my Universal list, I really don't miss BTTF. I think Mr. Toad may be my number one overall though. It just ticks me off they got rid of a classic for damn Winnie the Pooh. I much rather they do what Disneyland did and replace Country Bears but I'm not sure MK had the space for that...

Most of you won't agree with me here because of the she difference but in my opinion one of the biggests blast to the past was jimmy neutron. While it didn't come out in the 90s the entire ride was a nostalgic throwback. Whatever though solid list Drew!!!

Great list Drew. TO your point, dont think a Jaws return is feasible. But here would be my list:

Ghostbusters
BTTF
Hitchcock
Hanna Barbera (so much material there)

Drew, was actually a little surprised that Jaws wasn't number 1 on this list. I will say I wish I would have been able to visit the park when the Island Skipper Tours, Alfred Hitchcock, Back to the Future and Ghostbusters were around. I'm sure that they were great back in their prime.

Just to keep the imagination going, are there any certain Universal characters/old movies that we would like to see an attraction/show come about from? I know I'm always craving some love for the classic Universal monsters, but I highly doubt that it will happen anytime soon.

Also, going back to the Island Skipper Tours idea, does anyone think it would be possible to instead of having a drop-off dock at Jurassic Park just have the tour literally make a circle around from one island to the next and then drop back off at Port of Entry or is there a certain reason (i.e. crowd control) that this wouldn't be an option to explore in the future?

Jaws is my favorite Universal attraction of all time, but a return doesn't seem realistic. The ride was literally the perfect type of attraction for the film, and it's so fresh in everyone's minds that a return doesn't make all that much sense.

From a realism and potential stand point, Back to the Future will always be #1 on a list like this in my eyes.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

On the Island Skipper Tours, when the WWoHP opened I felt like there was a natural way to bring back this attraction. In Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone the first year students approach Hogwarts on a small boat. I thought there could have been a natural tie-in to Harry Potter to in some way revive this attraction.

Ive always felt like RRR could be perfectly re-themed to a BTTF attraction. Obviously the vehicles could be changed into DeLoreans, the rings that guests pass through on the lift could light up and spark just like when the DeLorean reaches 88 mph, the music replaced with the BTTF theme or even Huey Lewis and the touch pads could become time circuits.

The first time I had ever gone to WDW or Universal Studios was in 2004. At that time it was my opinion that Back to the Future was the best attraction I had ever been on, anywhere, anytime. It was a little rough but I enjoyed it immensely & rode it back to back. My memories of it are very fond. (Note: I didn't go to IOA so I didn't ride Spiderman)

The first time I had ever gone to WDW or Universal Studios was in 2004. At that time it was my opinion that Back to the Future was the best attraction I had ever been on, anywhere, anytime. It was a little rough but I enjoyed it immensely & rode it back to back. My memories of it are very fond. (Note: I didn't go to IOA so I didn't ride Spiderman)

I was the same way. I loved it so much that I immediately got back in line to ride it again, without even thinking about what else was in the park. I took my wife back later and the same exact thing happened again with her. It was like you just felt the need to go do it again as soon as you got off the ride.

Back to the future was seriously one of the best attractions I've ever been on, blew my mind and rode it back to back on multiple occasions. But you all have to remember if it was here now we'd all be begging for it to go. That's why I fully embrace the Simpsons for replacing it

Back to the future was seriously one of the best attractions I've ever been on, blew my mind and rode it back to back on multiple occasions. But you all have to remember if it was here now we'd all be begging for it to go. That's why I fully embrace the Simpsons for replacing it

speak for yourself.

Ive always felt like RRR could be perfectly re-themed to a BTTF attraction. Obviously the vehicles could be changed into DeLoreans, the rings that guests pass through on the lift could light up and spark just like when the DeLorean reaches 88 mph, the music replaced with the BTTF theme or even Huey Lewis and the touch pads could become time circuits.

Universal, please make this happen! This makes more sense than the way RRR currently is.

Seriously, this is a great idea even though it most likely will never come to fruition. I really wish I would have been able to experience BTTF. :-/

Honestly Jaws and BTTF are the only two properties I could see coming back. I would say ghostbusters could find their way in but as Drew mentioned, it would need to stick to the original cast. Its fun walking down memory lane though!

Honestly Jaws and BTTF are the only two properties I could see coming back. I would say ghostbusters could find their way in but as Drew mentioned, it would need to stick to the original cast. Its fun walking down memory lane though!
lol BTTF is the one definite property I could never see coming back, jaws would be a miracle. Everything else is pretty much dead