Drones Coming to UOR | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Drones Coming to UOR

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That would be an awesome addition to the new nighttime show. I keep hearing great things about DLP's Electrical Sky Parade and how they're utilized.

Are they flying right over the lagoon or are they still over backstage areas?

I am loving this, I have thought for a long time that Universal should be using drones in additional to projection and fountain being that they can't use a ton of fireworks. I think this new show will be a huge improvement from the old show.

Reactions: Tbad556 and Nico
season 2 chocolate with nuts GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I know this is probably somewhat unique to me and a hot take, but I'm far more likely to stick around for a unique drone show rather than more fireworks. Orlando has felt waaaay behind the rest of the world on this tech when incredible shows like Disney Electrical Sky Parade and even other non-theme park shows exist. Beyond excited for this nighttime show.

I know this is probably somewhat unique to me and a hot take, but I'm far more likely to stick around for a unique drone show rather than more fireworks. Orlando has felt waaaay behind the rest of the world on this tech when incredible shows like Disney Electrical Sky Parade and even other non-theme park shows exist. Beyond excited for this nighttime show.
A combination of drones and fireworks will work well. Especially since USF can't shoot off big fireworks shells, the addition of drones will add an extra component (along with water projections) to help make a nighttime show in the park far more interesting.

It is funny since Disney Springs used drones early on before a lot of other places did and then it seemed to drop off in Orlando. It really works well with places like Uni that can't do big fireworks. I think it will make this show really stand out.

It is funny since Disney Springs used drones early on before a lot of other places did and then it seemed to drop off in Orlando. It really works well with places like Uni that can't do big fireworks. I think it will make this show really stand out.
Disney Springs was a test bed for IBM to operate their drones as a show for guests and see how practical it was at the time because IBM was really looking to advance the technology, so from what I remember, IBM actually paid Disney to do that instead of the other way around.

If you remember, only about 2 months after that show ended at Disney Springs they were used during Lady Gaga's Super Bowl Halftime show performance in 2017.

Reactions: Jake S and IzzyB
Disney Springs was a test bed for IBM to operate their drones as a show for guests and see how practical it was at the time because IBM was really looking to advance the technology, so from what I remember, IBM actually paid Disney to do that instead of the other way around.

If you remember, only about 2 months after that show ended at Disney Springs they were used during Lady Gaga's Super Bowl Halftime show performance in 2017.
Makes sense, just the irony of it being born here yet never really used again here. I am shocked Universal didn't add them for their last show, it solves so many issues for them.

Reactions: Tbad556 and Nick
Makes sense, just the irony of it being born here yet never really used again here. I am shocked Universal didn't add them for their last show, it solves so many issues for them.
Drone tech for entertainment like this is still developing and back then honestly Universal may have simply deemed the technology as not yet ready for every day show use in their eyes. I'm sure the expenses have come down a lot as advancements are made rather than Universal paying a ton extra to use early adoption forms of the technology back then.

Reactions: IzzyB
Drone tech for entertainment like this is still developing and back then honestly Universal may have simply deemed the technology as not yet ready for every day show use in their eyes. I'm sure the expenses have come down a lot as advancements are made rather than Universal paying a ton extra to use early adoption forms of the technology back then.
True, I wasn't sure when the last show was created, I didn't think it was too long ago. But if Dollywood can do it nightly in the summer, the tech should be affordable and better for use at Universal.